sometimes i wish i could a regular teen! is it normal?

because i'm a teen mom, sometimes i wish i do not have some responsability, i love my 1 year old daughter but sometimes when she cry alot i wish i could not be there because i fell so tired and don't know what to do!
i know that is wrong, my mom use to tell me that ; when you have child there is no time to cry. i'm not so strong like that!
i did not have my child with a instrution book so all that i know i have to learn everything by myself.
but my question is that because i'm a teen mom is wrong to wish have a normal life?

betinha

Asked by betinha at 6:18 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• sweetie, it will get easier, she's still little but she will get more independant from now on. I understand how you feel about wanting to be normal, I think every Mom feels that way sometimes, no matter how old she is when she has a baby. I have a 15 yr old son (and 3 daughters) & I say to them "you don't get it, I'm still a teenager too inside my head", Yes you are young to have a baby, but you could try making a list of all that you can take pride in that - You chose to keep the baby, you have demanded a safe home for her, you are loving & caring for her, you haven't turned & walked away when it got hard. I think you should be really proud of yourself. And here's a little tip, we are all as clueless as you with our first baby. I know you look at other Moms & they seem to have it all together, but they too have moments of sheer panic, exhausted, and worried and wishing there was a baby manual. They are just hiding it well
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:36 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• You can have a normal life as a young mother.All of we mothers go through this at any age. unfortunatly it is part of the job. I hope you can get some help from your family so you can at least get enough rest. ((hugs))
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Honey from your earlier question you have been through hell, and it is normal to want to have a different life. Just keep going and life will throw you a break at some time. You are doing the best you can in the horrible situation life gave you. Nothing wrong with how you feel, but remember that baby is the only good thing that came out of all the horrible stuff you have been through.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:40 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I think most mom's experience this at sometime or another, rather they are a teen or not. I know its hard when your baby is crying and you can stop it and you just feel so overwhelmed, you wish back your life before having a baby and that's completely normal. Keep your head up during those times and try to think of the good times with your DD, of her laughing and smiling and those smiles and laughs are worth all the crying times. Did you ever watch the show Teen Mom? I like what Dr. Phil said on the reunion show, "That when you have a baby, you give up your rights as a teenager." I wasn't a teen when I had a baby, but I was young and unprepared and totally related to that show, and I understand what he is saying b/c I gave up a lot for my daughter, but as hard as it gets at times, I wouldn't change it for the world b/c I absolutely love my daughter!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:44 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• going through all that is normal. i had my son at 17- preg at 16... i'm 21 and i STILL feel like that. lol get involved in things with the baby-- mommy and me classes, story time, etc. hire a babysitter once a week and get out on your own. i lost myself in the juggle of school, being a mom and at times, work (i'm not working right now tho)... so i'm now trying to find myself, define myself and be myself at times, rather than, be mommy. take time for yourself as needed.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 6:47 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Hell, I'm 38 with 3 kids and some days I wish I could go back to being a "regular teenager" :-) But your little one will grow up and stop crying and it will get easier, I promise. Then being a mom will be fun - I have friends who go out every weekend and want me to go and for some reason, I make excuses not to because I'd rather stay home and tickle the baby to make him giggle, and help my 8 YO work on her first quilt, and listen to my 15 YO brag about his Xbox skills.
    When my little ones would cry all the time, I would just hold them and talk to them about anything.. eventually they would stop and look at me like I was crazy, probably because I was explaining macroeconomics to them or something.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:06 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• PS Not to be rude about your mother, but Motherhood is all about tears! Tears of Joy, Tears of frustration, tears of exhaustion, tears because when they do finally fall asleep, they are soooo perfect it takes your breathe away. When you have a child, sometimes the only thing left to do is cry!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:39 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Of course it is normal, you missed out on being a "normal" teen! What you need to realize is that this baby is the consequence of your actions, and as a mother you need to learn like the rest of us how to deal, it has never been easy, but the baby is here and so are you, so you need to grow up with your baby, and learn as you go. Being a mother in itself gives you more strength that you didn't realize you had, you can do this!!!!!

Answer by older at 7:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Even moms who aren't teens go through a period of adjustment after their first baby. It can be a difficult transition, but you will adjust and your baby will get easier.

It's very hard dealing with young children. They are so demanding and being a mother of a young child is exhausting. It will get easier.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 8:11 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Well In my experience as a Mom...when the baby cries a lot sometimes you need to just put them in their crib and go sit somewhere. Try to calm yourself because the baby is picking up on your stress. Letting the baby cry for a bit will not make you a bad mother. We all need to collect ourselves. No matter what age we are when we become a mom it can be overwhelming. Do not let anyone tell you that crying when you are a Mom makes you weak, that is not true. You will get through this you have inner strength that you have not even tapped into yet. You can do this...I believe in you!!!!!!
    GothicRaven72

Answer by GothicRaven72 at 8:12 AM on Feb. 10, 2010