do you think that kids as young as 11 having sex is a result of bad parenting?

in general, I do.

Kalebs_mommy23

Asked by Kalebs_mommy23 at 6:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it's more a result of "no parenting". I told my 15 YO once when he was giving me a hard time because he wanted to go to a party that I'm not here to be his friend, I'm here to be his mother.. He told me he hated me and I said "good, I'm doing my job right then, now go clean your room and get a grip because there's plenty of time to act like a drunken idiot when you'e older". I let the kids know that after college they can go do whatever they want - pierce weird body parts, tattoo themselves silly, whatever - but until then I plan on being up their butts so they better get used to it.
    If I caught an 11 YO having sex someone is gonna get castrated.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:11 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yes, at 11 a parent should know every move their child makes, should know where they are at all times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yes, I do b/c at that age they should not be left alone with someone of the opposite sex to be having sex.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:33 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• yes i think that is what is wrong with children today. i don't believe they are getting the attention and guidence that they need and deserve. jmo
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 7:36 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yes. Whether it's the result of parents not paying attention to their young daughters, guiding them, establishing clear boundaries with consistent repercussions when those boundaries are crossed or it's the result of putting their daughters in "harms way" by letting them be around male strangers (ie: mom's new boyfriend, questionable extended male family members, etc.), or allowing them to dress beyond their age thereby sending the message they are older and more mature than their years, it all has to stop! Parents need to make their children their FIRST priority, and not be afraid to say "no" to things they want or bad behaviors--because ignoring the problems/situations never works out for the better!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My goodness! They're just babies themselves!
    I agree with a pp....it's a result of NO parenting.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:06 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• an 11 year old? yes, that is a total failure in parenting. a 15-16 year old ? no, that is stubborn tean rebellion
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:38 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• yes, plus several other factors. they're only 'ours' for so long...i don't know why parents don't realize they(the parents) could be so much more, if they cared to be.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yes, I am going to push abstinence when my kids are older. Teenagers do not NEED to have sex. They will know that sex causes pregnancy, every birth control has a failure rate. If they want to give themselves everything they deserve, if they want to live a carefree young life not tied down by a kid, they better not risk getting pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Agreed...a result of no parenting. Look at the saturation of sex in the media. People become disensitized to it even if they think the media has no efffect. It becomes just a thing, nothing special, then it becomes, in one's mind, what the media portrays it to be. It becomes glorified and it does effect attitudes and behaviors. I know there are many who would disagree but I think they would be ignoring the overall picture. I think alot of what the world is today is in large part due to the influence of internet, movies, TV, music, etc. The entertainment field practically runs this nation.

If the parents have a casual attitude toward sex, no certain expectations of their children, aren't doing their job as parents (meaining protecting, training and guiding of their young, not trying to be their BFF) and also if they set a bad example by their own behavior, well it's no surprise that 11 year olds are doing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2010