So who is more sincere...White House or the Repubs?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/08/congressional-letter-questions-obamas-commitment-bipartisanship/
Fox News has obtained a letter penned by House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) and Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA) addressed to White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. In the letter, they question the president’s true commitment to Bipartisanship and implore the White House to conduct all talks in public. In addition, they also ask the president to take the reconciliation process off the table.

GREAT LETTER.....MUST READ TO ANSWER THE QUESTION.

pvtjokerus

Asked by pvtjokerus at 7:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Everyone was warning that the Repubs were walking into a political trap laid out by the WH. Looks like they are putting this administration to the task of proving whether or not Rhammy/Obama are really sincere. "The Chicago Mob vs. the Repubs" meanwhile the American public has to set on the sideline and watch their fate being played out on National/Cable TV.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 7:31 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Boehner and Cantor raise some very good points, and ask some very pertinent questions. I hope that the WH does the right thing with this, although I have my doubts. I also hope that the Repubs keep their heads on straight, and stay true to their course, about which I have doubts as well. As for who is more sincere? That is really hard to answer, there doesn't seem to be a surplus of sincerity in DC.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:09 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Obama doesn't want bipartisan effort, he wants GOP surrender. I would say reps are being more sincere.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:37 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i dont think repubs have the capacity for sincerity.  

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:44 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I have mixed feelings on this one. I feel that the Republicans are being more sincere, but I am conflicted as to why they seem more sincere. I get the feeling that the party in power usually is more out of touch with the American majority (whichever way the wind is blowing) and that the agenda takes center stage. Part of me feels that the Republicans are being more sincere right now because they are still the minority and appear more to be working on behalf of the people and less about special interests. But it seems that no matter who is in the majority or who has control, they are less about what the American people want and more about pushing an agenda.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:06 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I don't know how sincere the Republicans are, but I agree with Carpy: "Obama doesn't want bipartisan effort, he wants GOP surrender."
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Oh if Boehner and Cantor say it it MUST be so!!

I seen to recall perma tan, I mean Boehner , standing at a press conference with a BUDGET in his hands that had NO NUMBERS in it...

Im sure this is a letter with NO FACTS in it...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Why do you always resort to attacking republicans personally, Sweet-a-kins? Do you not realize how that makes you look? Like a bully who doesn't have the facts so resorts to name-calling and nastiness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I feel that the Republicans are being more sincere, but I am conflicted as to why they seem more sincere

They CENSORED a republican for WORKING with dems on 2 different issues...that is PROOF that they have NO interest in WORKING with DEMS..

Not that I think DEMS are chomping at the bit to be bi-partisan..I just KNOW that the republicans don.t based on their actions

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• ** censured

sweet-a-kins