the shadowy figure...

i woke up this morning and my dh said he saw a shadowy dark figure going across the living room last night.i was at work and my dd was asleep.he had seen this once before ,he was going to get a skin cancer checked out and taken off and he saw a figure that said "dont worry you are going to be alright"i thought i have been seeing these lately but unlike my dh they dont scare me.its been happening alot lately.my brother passed but im not feeling its him...last time my dh saw it he said it was a kid we went to school with that commited suicide.any thoughts?and what are these...i was told before that i was an empath...is there anyway i can figure out who this is?or what they want?

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 8:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My experience is these shadows are guardian spitits or guardian angels if you prefer. The fact that you don't feel afraid is a good thing. While they are always around you notice them more when you really need them. Now if it's a child spirit you can simply tell it to move on towards the light. I don't feel your empathic ability has anything to do with them other than opening you up enough to see them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Shadow people. This is a growing phenomenon: http://www.shadowpeople.org/

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• so like ghost hunter do...get a recorder and sit down and talk to them...maybe you will catch something
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i meant "do" like ghost hunters do...sorry
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• OP....thats ok shay1130.actually ghost hunters is in warwick R>I>..we live in mass.a woman my dd works with knows the guy that has all the tatoos.i am going to look this up..my dd has been emailing me all morning.. OP....
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• They dont scare you? You are brave! I would turn white, if its possible I could turn any whiter....lol I dont like ghosts, if you thinkg it's a ghost, I mean. A ghost/supernatural, is all bad news to me. (((chill bumps)))
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• sounds like shadow ppl. how do they not scare you?! they freak me out. DH use to see them a lot when he was a kid & ive woken up on occasion to more than one standing over my bed at DH's childhood home. but that house is haunted. right before my wedding DH & i both saw them the same night at different houses & they wouldnt go away...i really dont like them haha

try taking some pictures of the empty room & see if something turns up that shouldnt be there. the tape recorder idea is good too. sometimes just talking to them is enough to get why they are there. theres also lots of websites about this kinda stuff that may give you other ideas.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• ya for some reason it doesnt bother me...i talked to dh and he said it wasnt like what he saw before ..it wasnt a ghost.it didnt talk.my dh said it went from left to right meaning it went from the dinning room closet to the kitchen,.which is strange.so he got up to check my dd but she was fine.i think i will take some pictures tonite and see what happens.i also dont have a good feeling about this.my dh doesnt but i think its because he doesnt want it to be bad....
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• im going to assume you guys arent christian. if you are not, then forget what i said, but if you are, i'll share this scripture with you.
    The dead do not walk around, they are asleep until judgement day. It's likely your husband has wishful thinking about his procedure and this bought him comfort. Anything in that nature that you see does not come from God.

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 (New King James Version)

5 For the living know that they will die;
    But the dead know nothing,
    And they have no more reward,
    For the memory of them is forgotten.
    6 Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished;
    Nevermore will they have a share
    In anything done under the sun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• of course there is,, you can always simply ask. Try asking for an answer through knocks... or simple things. It's cool you brought this up. I know the house I live in is haunted.. but moving back here after 6 years, made me forget a lot of things. Every so often "she" reminds me she is still here. Once in a while "she" sits at the edge of my bed still... or will move things just as a reminder she is still there. The other day however startled me lol. My daughter and I were in the living room, and out of the blue my daughter pointed toward the window and said "who dat" (she is 2, and always says this when someone pulls in or comes up to the house) But when I turned and looked I seen that she wasn't looking out the window, but the corner of the room. And there was a shadowy mass. It was there and gone in the blink of an eye.. so I didn't make out anything more than a shadowy mass. cont.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2010