how do I keep my 2 and a 1/2 year old in her bed?

We had to convert our daughter's baby bed into t toldder bed because she climbed the baby bed rail and fell out and got hurt. Now she gets out of her bed after we put her in bed but finnly after putting her back in bed like 20 times she gives up and goes to sleep. She hardley takes naps during the day anymore either and if she don't she is really fussy the rest of the day. She gets out of the bed at nap time and plays with her toys she dose it at bed time somtimes too or she will just come out of the room and come to the liveing room where we are. I have a 3 month old too and it makes it hard when we haft to put her (the 2 and a 1/2 year old) back in her bed mostly when i'm alone and my husband is at work. What can I do to keep my daughter in the bed?

annamiller06

Asked by annamiller06 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Duck Tape. It's the only way to go JK LOL. We bribed our DD with a new sheet set. She had to stay in bed, she could look at a book or something but she had to stay in bed for a month and then she got to pick her very own new sheet set at the store. We used a calander for her to mark off each night she stayed in bed.
    TessyCat

Answer by TessyCat at 2:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2008

• I don't know what to do. I have the same problem my son is 2 and a 1/2 and I am about to go crazy. He likes to get up about 6 in the morning or earlier. He does not have a problem going to bed at night. I give him a small amount of milk and he goes to sleep he has a night lite and i close the door till there is only a crack in it. I wish he could stay in his bed in the morning. He gets up and i put him back in there again and again and again.
    geangel

Answer by geangel at 10:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2008

• When you put her to bed tell her it's time for bed now... close her bedroom door and let her be... if she cries just ignore it... you will know if there's something seriously wrong.... that's what i do with my daughter who will be 2 next month, now it's gotten to the point where i tell her bed time, and she hops right in her bed and lies down
    MarsxTink

Answer by MarsxTink at 11:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2008

• I am going to have to try the sheets cause i am to my wits end with my son
    geangel

Answer by geangel at 9:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2008