Sick baby. Doesn't it hurt you to your heart?

My daughter(2nd grader-still my baby!) hasn't been seriously ill for a long time, but she's had a fever since Sunday night, woosy, sore ear, minimal appetite, snuffly. I have an appointment for her tomorrow evening to be seen by a pediatrician. I'm hoping it's just viral, but I hate to take any chances.
My son has had a mild dry cough off and on, but no fever, still jovial and bouncy and busy. It usually depends on the humidity. It's been dry-thus the slight coughing.
Still-it hurts when one's babies aren't 100% healthy! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yes it does hurt. My uncle always said that when they are sick, you are. And it hurts no matter how old our babies are.

Answer by Bmat at 8:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• sick Can't stand it when my little one's sick!!! Makes me feel soo bad for her, but gives me a reason to cuddle her more!

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I understand how you feel. Both of my boys are sick right now. If kids are going to have to be sick, parents should have the option of being sick instead of them!
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 9:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• OP here: I wish that was the case! I've had an ear ache for 5 days myself, now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• my daughter had 3 ear infections since she was born and 2 of those she had no symptoms and the last one she had was infections in both ears and all she had was a runny nose and cough. so i hope its nothing big and they can give u antiobotics anyway to help them clear it up. good lucky and it does hurt to see ur babies hurting
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'm 26 and my mom still feels bad when I'm sick..
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 7:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Honestly, I don't get that worked up about normal illness. I of course want my kiddos to feel good and happy every day, but I also feel like it's a natural part of growing, and at least with illness like that there are things that we, as mommies, can do to comfort them... My older son, however, is recovering from his 4th brain surgery, so I realize that my perspective may be a little tinged. And with his illness, there is NOTHING I can do to make him better. I can't help him or heal him, and all I want in the world is to hug it all better... So i guess in a way, when they have a cold or something, I finally feel like I CAN do something to make it better. Like a hug actually helps... :-/
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2010