What Color Curtains???

We are painting our walls a sage green and our furniture is medium brown (sofa) to dark brown (accent tables). What color curtains do you all think would go good w/ it???

CorbinsMomma

Asked by CorbinsMomma at 9:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Rose red to mauve
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Cream or taupe would keep with the soft, neutral theme you seem to have going. I have sage green walls with black furniture and accents, and cream trim and curtains seem to look the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I like the idea of cream, or a soft flowing tan. You have earthy, cozy colors going and some cream would look good with it! Excellent color choices, my kitchen is those colors and it is our fav. room in the house. Sometimes adding a bit of burnt/orange (not too dark just earthy kind) looks good with it too as an accent piece in a vase or something.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:30 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Burnt orange
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Target had some really cute striped curtains with those two colors in them I was going to get them for my own home but they didn't have enough in stock.
    Anonymous

• I would do burgandy or cranberry for a punch of color and add some pillows, throws and accessories in the same color so your eye bounces around the room. You could also do burnt orange, tan, taupe, cream or white very easily. Also, you could do a different shade of green since you only have one other real color going on in that room and it is very neutral. (All blues go together, all greens, all reds, etc.)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'd do a light taupe or cream color. Not too light cause they get dirty easily. Either that or a nice, simple pattern (stripes are always classic) to add a nice pop.
    Anonymous

• We went w/ 2 sage sheer curtains w/ a sheer cream one in the middle. We opted not to paint the wall right now because its soooooooo cold out and we wouldnt be able to air the house w/o freezing our butts off. We had thought about burnt orange, but couldnt find a rug to match that w/ green. We found a nice rug w/ browns, tans, sage, and light blue that we loved as soon as we saw it, so we have pretty much tied the room together w/ that.
    CorbinsMomma

Answer by CorbinsMomma at 11:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2010