My daughter is suffering from colic-how can I help her?

She is 5 1/2 wks. old. (I am not breastfeeding due to her not latching for several weeks and pumping etc...) We have her on Enfamil Lipil formula. She was also diagnosed with reflux. I feel so bad for her when she crys! We took her to her pediatrician and he put her on a reflux pill and we have her tilted when she sleeps. It seems like the real problem is gas,constipation and tummy aches. Do I need to try a new formula? HELP! It is so hard to see my baby in pain. :) all suggestions will be considered! However, I do not listen to rude people so if anyone has anything rude to say...move along to the question and go ruin someone elses day :)

flowermom76

Asked by flowermom76 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try feeding her just an once then brup her then feed her some more then burp.also never lay her down right when she is done eating.with the gas thing try pushing her legs up into her tummy. with the colic try christmas lights,put put them far enough back that she cant grab.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i saw a website on feeding positions before. honestly, she is so young it is not too late to breast feed. it seems to be rare that a breastfed baby has these kind of issues. if there is a latch problem, you could take her to the dr. and have them check to see if she is tongue tied. i started breastfeeding one of my sons at 27 days old. i guess you could try changing formulas too....they have an expensive sensitive formula.
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• talk to your doctor about switching formula, enfamil lipil made my son SCREAM. now he's switched to soy and he's mostly just fussy. my son was diagnosed with colic, but since there isn't a "cut and dry" definition for what colic is, i don't waste my money on things that say "reduces colic" but here are some things i've heard work for colic - swaddling, certain bottles like dr. browns that help reduce gas, white noise, and if you get to they point where you're about to pull your hair out, i've heard taking babies with colic to the chiropractor can cure them. one of my friends had to do it.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:02 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My son had a really hard time w/enfamil lipil as well. We started on Similac Alimentum which is for colic and within 2 bottles he was a different kid. I would DEFINITELY change formula. The bad part about Alimentum, it's so expensive but I found it online really cheap. If it works, email me and I'll give you the website. Good luck.
    wanttoadopt0707

Answer by wanttoadopt0707 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2010