Clingy 14 months...

My DD is so clingy to me, I understand she really wants to be around me. But, if I move, she starts whining and it kills me. I'm okay with her following me around ect...but even when I'm fixing dinner, she is whining or fake crying and it'll go on until I finish dinner. Any ideas of what I can do to have this stopped?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm right there with you and my dd is 2! The only thing I've found that helps is getting her a chair, pulling it up to the counter and letting her help with stirring anything! Even just get out a wisk, a bowl with water and come measuring cups! Keeps them busy until you are done because they want to do what you are doing and be around you!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I've tried that...I love her to death, but sometimes, she just kills me.

It's like she can't occupy herself, she ,constantly, must have someone to play with her, and preferably , me. She is fine when left alone with her father, only does it to me. I don't know what the problem is either...bah. Oh well, hopefully she grows out of this stage soon.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'd hope so! DH was deployed from the time dd was 8 mos to 2 years! I didn't have any family around me a only a couple friends... since it was only us I made quick meals with Kyla grabbing my pants! DH got back in October and doesn't know why she still does it occasionally... I guess I got used to it and didn't realize she was doing it half the time!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• do you have a baby backpack?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• No, no backpack. She's 14 months old and weighs 30 pounds. So, I think that's out of the question.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2010