Have you decided to refuse immunizations for your child? If so why and has it had a negative effect on your child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• why would it have a negative affect on the child to not do any more immunizations? other than the risk of contact with someone carrying something ?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Most immunizations I agree with and will consent to. The hepatitis shot I am refusing at my daughter's next Pedi 2 month check up. It is not required in Texas till she starts school which, let's face it, is years from now so we will wait on it. I can't see not giving her the shot will have any negative effect.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• how can someone refuse immunizations if they are required by the state for school? thats what confuses me.my not let your kids get them instead of being stabbed 20 times before kindergarden...
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax.
    I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.
    Good luck.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• We selectively vaccinated on a delayed schedule as well. It is more expensive, but I feel it's safer. Your child doesn't have to have immunizations to go to public school - you just have to file a form with the schools.

Answer by missanc at 10:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I would never refuse vaccinations. They are the best way to go with the high majority of people, and this whole "non vax" trend is very dangerous and has gotten out of hand. Almost ALL doctors will agree on that. There are rare instances where they aren't safe for some children, but those instances are few and far between. Most of the people who don't vax don't have any substantial reasoning or evidence...or knowledge...to support their decision. Go ahead, moms, give me crap for saying this, but not only is it my opinion, there actually a lot of fact behind what I'm saying..whether you like it or not.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Most immunizations I agree with and will consent to. The hepatitis shot I am refusing at my daughter's next Pedi 2 month check up. It is not required in Texas till she starts school which, let's face it, is years from now so we will wait on it. I can't see not giving her the shot will have any negative effect."

The negative effect is that she can CONTRACT it. I just recently read a lot of studies on delayed vaccination schedules, and they say that it's very dangerous because the children contract something at a very young age, when if they had been vaccinated, they would have been protected. My leave that gap when they don't have the protection?
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• ugh
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• none of my kids have been vaccinated, and we have not had any problems or regrets. our children are very strong and healthy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

not rrue, you cant get an except paprer/ some religioins dont vaccinate.. if you havea paers sayibng you dont vaccinate and the reason why. your child will still be allowed to attent school
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2010