the shadowy figure pt 2......vodoo???

now i know this is stupid but i was thinking.i think the neighbor my have dabbled in vodoo once apon a time.could this shadowy person be from some kind of vodoo or am i just being dumb???it was just something to ponder....like maybe negative energy or something???

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Shadow figures are thought now to be people who are earthbound. They are not allowed to interfere in peoples lives. That is why they are shadowed. You can get more information on John Edwards forum, he has threads about this and it makes sense. Our loved ones who come to tell us something usually we see clearly, those who havent crossed over are blurred or shadow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I only look at this from a Christian point of view... it is what we call a familiar spirit, they take on the shape of a human, animal or half and half. They are usually demons posing as people. Thus the reason they are dark and not light. For me as a Christian.. I wouldn't bother with them, they have no power. They come in if you have an open door to the demonic realm. I do not know what your faith is so I cannot really help you other than what I have just told you.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• shaneagle777 we are also christian....OP
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• im pretty sure voodoo has nothing to do with shadow figures.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• OP, you're christian, so i'll give you the scripture that i gave you on your other post, dont know if you saw it.

The dead do not walk around, they are asleep until judgement day. Anything in that nature that you see does not come from God.

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 (New King James Version)

5 For the living know that they will die;
    But the dead know nothing,
    And they have no more reward,
    For the memory of them is forgotten.
    6 Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished;
    Nevermore will they have a share
    In anything done under the sun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I also think they are demons. Thats why I dont like ghosts. Its something you dont want to mess with IMO. Even if the ghost is "nice", its still a ghost. Dont pay it any attention. Since you stated you are a christian, stay positive on Godly things instead.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yes, I have seen them before too. They are demons.

My best friend just woke up a few months back and there was one standing next to her bed staring at her. She is a Christian. She prayed and it went away.

Sometimes they are just watching us. That is why they are called familiar spirits, because they are familiar with all our ways. They know a lot about you. They know what your temptations are. Anyways, as Christian we just pray and God takes care of us. I think there are times when the Lord allows us to see into the unseen realm. Maybe so we know it is time to pray more : )

Anyways, may God give you peace concerning this.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It depends on the shadowy mass. If they are dark and ominous, and give off a bad or scary feeling, they have the potential of being a malicious entity (which I dealt with in an old apartment, not fun), or they could be like the experience I talked about in my other post... just didn't have enough time for my eyes to focus on detail, so my eyes just focused on the image as a whole.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• perhaps the shadow is the manifestation of suspicion of your neighbor. Voodoo derives from African belief sysyems and Catholicism / Christianity there are no rituals of demonic invocation whatsoever in the respectable branch of christianity known as Voodoo, Yes the revere their ancestors and have rites which involve communication with those that are deceased in which they possess the bodt of the family member to share wisdom and strength, there are also practices of vengence with the dolls maybe your neibor will make one with your likeness unless you stop ignorantly judging them.
    GINSMUM123

Answer by GINSMUM123 at 1:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2010