Is a hysterectomy my only option?

I have a history of severe PMS ( bad chills, migraines, severe cramping, and other flu-like symptoms). For over a week, I was barely able to function. I finally started my period yesterday, and I was cramping so bad I could barely stand up. I spent most of the day in bed with a heating pad on my stomach. I have an appt. with my OB/GYN next Wed. and I'm desperate for relief. I'm ready to have it all taken out. I can't go through this every month for the next 20 years. I'm 34. I can't take BC pills because of my migraines ( per my neurologist). Are there any other options? Has anyone else experienced these same problems and had a hysterectomy and got better?Let me add that I've had my tubes tied so I don't want anymore kids, and I have a history of endometriosis( I had lap surgery for that 14 years ago)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Health

• I don't think the endometrial ablation will help with my overall problems though. By that I mean, my hormone fluctuations are causing the migraines. Would that procedure help with that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I've dealt with your 'issues. I don't know what to say. I hope things do get Better! Maybe some kind of 'script to take one week before your period. Something! I've had my migraines and issues for 30 long life robbing years! Hugs from my heart to you! But see some Doctors until you get your relief and right answer for you! We really never had adequate insurance so I just learned to live with it and suffer. But my heart goes out to you and I do understand! BTW. Twice in my life I had Severe periods that lasted non stop for 4 long months! I thought I was going to die. And if I did it would have been my only relief! Some female issues sure can get overwhelming! Truly, I wish you the best in finding your cure! Good Luck. I haven't had any procedures done at all.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'm already seeing a headache specialist for the migraines and I'm on an anti-depressant and an anti-seizure med daily for the PMS and migraine prevention. I'm just sick of all of it. The past week has been a nightmare. Today is the first day in over a week I've actually felt close to human.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• having a hysty was the best thing I ever did. my pain, PMS , suffering went away.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

Did you have a complete hysterectomy? Do you still have your ovaries?
    Anonymous

• I have endo too. I just had the lap surgery and it did relieve a lot of the discomfort but I have not had my tubes tied. I did not want to go that route just now (not dh and I want more kids either). Maybe lap surgery would help?? The two options I had were the lap surgery or hysto. GL
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 1:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• You can try a vegan diet, not using tampons and taking naproxyn

Answer by rkoloms at 6:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2010