Did u hear about the earth quake by chicago I felt it

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 11:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• It woke me up when my bed started vibrating violently and everything on my desk was shaking. I actually thought I had imagined it because I was so hazy and half asleep. I laid there awake for awhile wondering if it had been an earthquake (not unheard of in the area) or if I dreamed it. Then I kind of shrugged and went back to sleep. I didn't even think about it until I was looking at school closings and saw the headlines and told the kids I felt the quake. Very strange morning, indeed.
    Oh, the epicenter was about 50 miles from my house. I still can't believe it woke me up. I slept through the last quake we had around here (a couple years ago).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:53 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I didnt even feel the after shocks. I woke up from the one we had a few yrs ago. I ran outside and thought the house was collapsing. My dad yelled at me lol
    seaniesmommie87

Answer by seaniesmommie87 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2010