Would you make snow ice-cream for your kids?

I remember as a kid my grandmother would make me some icecream from freshly fallen snow. We got about a ft. of snow and it's still falling so I wanted to make some for my DS 4, but hubby is telling me no. Do you see anything wrong with it?

poetress1218

Asked by poetress1218 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The only problem I personally would have with it is the fact that our snow is so dirty (we don't have any fresh snow, just 4-10 feet that started around Thanksgiving and keeps piling up & not melting). If we got some fresh snow I'd consider it - except I'd put out a bowl for it to fall straight into, not scoop it up off the ground.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I was thinking of doing that too, if I could find out how. I remember making it in daycare when I was little. I don't see what would be wrong with it if the snow is fresh.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• yes, we make snow cream when it snows! The recipe my mother and grandmother used has raw eggs in it, so we've tweaked it some to get rid of the eggs, but it still tastes almost the same.

Answer by missanc at 12:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yes. Let them enjoy a little fun.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• uh! Our snow tastes like dirt! I wouldn't attempt it here! lol! I'll stick with the Snoopy Sno-cone maker!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I would look into air pollution levels first. I would not drink rainwater or eat snow in my area because of air pollution problems, but it really depends on location.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My MIL made some Tuesday. It was great. A lil snow, some milk and some vanilla extract and some sugar. Or cut out the suger and milk and used condensed milk.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2010