Whats some of the things teenagers do at party's besides the obvious sex, drugs and alcohol?

I want to make sure I cover all the topics with my kids and have them or myself not be surprised at what some of these other kids are doing these days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Dont just tell you child sex drugs and alcohol. you need to go into detail. All the different drugs and methods of getting them into your body. I can think of five different ways to smoke something. Talk about pills. talk about oral and group sex. Talk about lude and suggestive behavior. Rape. what to do if they are assaulted. bullying.
    I was a very wild teenager and you may be suprised to find out how far an "I hate my parents conversation" can go when your around the wrong people.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• ummm.....if they are doing the whole sex drugs and alcohol thing then thats probably the worst of whats going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Teaching our kids about the evils of drugs sex and rock and roll needs to be done continously not just once or once in a while.
    My kids are 25 yo, 22, yo and 17 yo. Two daughters and 1 son.

Practice saying what you want, what you need to say (2 separate things) before you say it. Hearing this stuff said by a parent who's embarrassed in not life impacting.

And you need to be life impacting.

My kids decided long ago to listen to what I have to say because they learned I will come crashing into no matter where it is if need be. So they've decided to listen to me and talk instead of hear me and walk away.

I have always met my kids friends. That is very very important for you to do. Ask the parents if they have guns in the house. Don't let your kids be there without parental presence if they do. Ask those parents where are the guns.

You have a legal right to ask these questions. You have a legal right to say no.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• um other than that stuff i just remember being totally ridiculous. I remember once, my friends were all off doing their sex thing, and i hadn't been drinking or anything, so everyone has mostly left, so I was just sitting on the couch and some guy asked if I wanted to come home with him. Maybe.. Don't go anywhere with strangers. :)
    Use a DD if you drink lol.
    Try to stay away from parties where there are pervs that are like 10 years older trying to grab at you and you seriously have to hit him to get him off of you.
    Better yet, tell them pixi sticks and mountain dew will get you plenty "drunk" hahahaha :)
    Just from my experience not to long ago...
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Ok I've got a different take on things. When my neices & nephews get together with friends & the soccer team they swim, weiner roast, capture the flag, pick up soccer games, wii, etc. All chaparoned and all have a good time including parents who gather around the fire.

Remind them that there's things out there they shouldn't be doing but there's also a lot of fun to be had with a group of good friends. Don't make it all negative.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Peer pressure to do dare taking life risking things. also the choking game
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Sometimes it isn't going to matter how much you talk to your kids, if they really want to try it, they're going to do it.
    The thing that kept me from all those bad things is from seeing it. My mom and stepfather drank all the time, why would I want to be like that? There were drugs in the house and from growing up around it, I had no desire to do those things. I did drink on occasion starting at age 14 but it wasn't a lot in I always stopped before I got too drunk. Even though I was young, I stayed responsible. Now as an adult I refuse to drink more than a glass of wine if my children are near by or will be near by.
    All kids are different, sometimes you've got to let them make their own mistakes or they're never going to learn.
    Just let them know the bad, the good and your personal opinion on things. They may not agree with you but hopefully in the end they will make the right decision.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 12:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• If you know these are the things that are going on why would you even let your child be a part of this scene?
    Anonymous

• If my kids were going to a party and I was concerned .... they would NOT be going.
    However, it sounds like you are just wanting to talk to them about the things they need to watch out for. Thats what a good parent does, so Im not sure why you are getting so much crap from everyone.
    I am more concerned with what I call "stupidity things" with my boys than I am about drugs, alcohol, and sex....HOPEFULLY, they know better.
    We talk about the dangers of things like guns, sniffing and the choking game....these are so dangerous, because kids think they are safe (or dont think at all)!!!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I do not have anything more to add than what has already been mentioned, but someone please tell me what "the choking game" is?

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 2:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2010