evaperated milk

I can't spell it but ---I know I have a bunch---- and can I use it to make instant pudding or cooked pudding?

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 11:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I'd water it down - technically if you mix 1 can with 1 can water you've got the equivalent of whole milk. But yeah, if you have it and it needs to be used, that's a good way - I like to cook with it (soups, casseroles, etc).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• http://www.verybestbaking.com/products/carnation/evap/default.aspx

Here's a site you can find lots of recipes for it..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It's GREAT to make pie filling and pudding pops! I mix 1 can evaporated milk with 1 regular size box of pudding and use it for either. I also add it to potato or broccoli soups that I made from scratch to add a bit of creaminess. Mac & cheese seems creamier when made with evaporated milk, and you can also use it in pumpkin pie fillings.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• yes u an make some ice cream with it............2 can evoparate milk n 1 can of sweetened condenced milk n flavour whatever u want like mango, straberry or whatever ...........mix together n put in a freezer.or mould them in kulfi maker.........
    Anonymous