Has anyone ever been told your child has excess fluid on the brain while pregnant?

I had my ultrasound at 15 weeks and my OB is sending me to a more advanced facility to do a better ultrasound to measure the amount. I'm really worried because I looked it up and it's a condition called Hydrocephalus. It can cause many problems mental and can even cause death. My son has not been diagnosed with it yet, however, I am still worried.

kaydensmomma06

Asked by kaydensmomma06 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• this typically means down syndrome... although ultrasound can be wrong, i would get a second opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Oh boy...when is your appointment for the more advance ultrasound? I know you are GOING to worry no matter what but try not to panic until you have a better idea of what you are dealing with. You are in my thoughts momma....good luck.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2010