Uterine Prolapse

So I now officially have a uterine prolapse. I'm only 26, and I've only had one child. I do kegals, and my cervix kept getting lower and lower and lower. Now, it's out of my vaginal opening. I've been able to push it back in, and I have a dr appointment on Friday. Can anyone here tell me what to expect?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Health

• Expect him to recommend surgury to correct it. Did you have your cord pulled on when you had your baby? That can cause this.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I have a friend who was told that the only way to correct right now would be pregnancy or surgery. She and hubby tried for a year to get pregnant but couldn't. By that time she was in so much pain she opted for the surgery and had a partial-taking only the uterus-and she feels great. She is 28
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• If you don't want surgery, you can get a pessary to hold it in place.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Oh no!

Since it has come down so far, called stage II or stage III, the doctor will most likely recommend surgery. He may want you to have an ultrasound, CAT scan, or MRI to see the placement of your organs and to try and figure out why it happened. The surgeries he my suggest are sacrospinous fixation or sacrohysteropexy to preserve your fertility. Unless you want to have a hysterectomy.

If you can understand medical terms eMedicine is the best website to go to. The Mayo Clinic site is good and easier for most people to understand.

I hope you have Medicaid or medical insurance. This is going to be expensive. Maybe it's not as bad as it sounds and its only stage II and he can just shove it back up and it will stay with this donut thing called a pessary. We can always hope.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• OP HERE

I've had just the one child, and no, his cord was not pulled on. He got stuck at the vaginal opening though, and scared the vaginal wall. They were going to use the vacuum to get him out, but she did an epesiotomy instead, and he literally slipped right out, and the placenta immediately followed.

I want more children in my future. We've been trying to get pregnant for two years now. I'm about to go on lupron for treatment of endometriosis to help get pregnant. If the treatment fails, or if I still can't get pregnant before my pain comes back, then I'm going to go for the hysterectomy. So I'd rather not have something permanent like that done.

Can you have surgery while keeping everything okay for childbirth? I just looked up a pessary, and I don't know that I want one of those in for a year, and then for a pregnancy.
    Anonymous