How long will it take for my heart to stop palpitating when exercising?

I just started an exercise program a few days ago. The first two days, I just walked a mile. Kinda fast, but I have short legs, so not real fast. Today I walked for 30 minutes, and the whole time I walked, my heart kept fluttering. I weigh 260 pounds, so I knew I would be out of breath, but dang. The fluttering thing is kinda of scary. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to go over some blood work that I had yesterday for cholesterol and such. So I'm going to ask him then. But is this normal for a few days?

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 12:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It could be that you drink too many beverages with caffeinne? It could be due to the extra weight you carry and it is making your heart struggle. Ask your Doctor--he might want to do some heart exams. Good luck.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2010