Toys in the living room or bedroom what do you ladies think should kids be able to play in the living room or just in their rooms ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• play in the livig room yes - take over my living room with nothing but toys - no ...but I only have 1 kiddo
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• The only places I dont like them to play with toys is the kitchen, the steps & the bathroom (well except in the tub). The steps of course for safety reasons. The kitchen because I hate having to worry about stepping on something or tripping over a kid when I am cooking. The living room is ok to play with toys but we dont store any there. They have to go back in the bedrooms.
    Anonymous

• My kids (except for my 14 month old) keep their toys in their rooms. They usually bring whatever they want to play with at the moment into the living room - unless it's like a huge set, but one of their "chores" is to make sure every night before bedtime that they have all their stuff out of the living room and take it up with them when they go.

Answer by missanc at 12:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My kids have a playroom and also keep some of their toys in their bedrom. We have a smaller house so if they plan on running around or being loud then they play in their rooms or in the hallway. I do allow them to play in the living room and kitchen as long as they aren't getting crazy, but they must pick up their mess once they are done. They like being out in the living room with us and I really don't mind being with them either. I know I wouldn't like being stuck in my room by myself all the time =)
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My kids have a playroom, no toys besides the babies are allowed in my living room.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 12:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• We let our boys build with their legos, or Lincoln logs, in the living room. Something quiet. They can drive their remote control cars around the house as long as no ones on the phone or doing homework. They know when it's okay. Otherwise toys stay in their room. When they're finished playing it all has to go back in their rooms... When they were babies, I kept the toys in the living room, and then as they got older moved them to their rooms.. I don't like stepping on a lego, or a hotwheel in the middle of the night so they have to be put away...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• we have a 2 story and no toys are allowed downstairs the kids have to play in the loft/plyroom or their rooms they can color in the living that's it and that's only so I can watch them and make sure they don't color on my walls again
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 12:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• we don't allow toys in the bedrooms - aside from a few FAVORITE things that they really don't need to share.

livingroom or an extra room for the toys is best. and organized into bins or something so it doesn't look chaotic
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• The only place they can not have toys is my Kitchen and bathroom. Otherwise we have toys all over. Of course they are put away in toy box or bins but I don't think they should feel like the can not be with the rest of the family because they can not have toys in that room. Kitchen is for learnin got cook when Mommy or Daddy are in there cooking.
    Anonymous

• I think it's fine to let them plat in the living room, especially when they're little. When they're older they should pick up after themselves though.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2010