is it normal to have bad headaches at 10 weeks and 6 days pregnant??

cause im having them a lot.

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes, headaches are a common thing through out pregnancy get used to it mama
    Anonymous

• yeah. ever since 6wks (i'm 15wks now) I've had headaches. some when I haven't eaten anything, but most of the time theyd start about 8pm, i'd take tylenol, go to bed and sleep through the night, and then wake up to one in the morning. Hope things get better for you. They seem to be way less frequent as time goes by, and I hardly have them anymore!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It may be your blood sugar is getting low. It may help to eat 5 small meals and some snacks. Learn some relaxation techniques to help with the headaches. You are going to need it once you become a mom.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• if it is really bad please see your doctor, as other complications may be involved.
    Anonymous

• I'm right there with ya! I have been having headaches too! It's normal.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• remember to stay hydrated as well. if you are vomitting a lot you need to skip the water and drink some kind of sports drink to get you back where you need to be.
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 3:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I would get headaches bad in the beginning of my pregnancy(well 1 and 2nd trimester). So much that while it wasn't a migraine, tylenol, water, nothing worked and when they did go away they came right back, so after explaining this to my doctor she prescribed me magnesium oxide pills to take. They are not generally used for headaches but she said within the past few years OB/GYNs have found them to be helpful for pregnancy headaches and man was she right. They worked wonders for me. Eventually the headaches went away and I didn't have to take them anymore. Now im not telling you to go out and buy them but if they become unbearable for you i would definatly talk to your doctor about it.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 3:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• No. Pain is a warning sign. Please get your bloodpressure checked.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2010