Does anyone know how a money cycle matrix works? Second posting - first one cut off 1/2 my question.

I have an opportunity to buy into a money cycle matrix for $20. Once you get 2 people to sign up, they get 2 people, etc. etc. then it "cycles" ??? and you get your money back and then some. Each time it cycles you get a little more.

Checked this company out with BBB and they seem legit. Have been in business
" longer than 36 months w/ no complaints".

I've heard some of these are scams and just take your money, but others are not and I know people that have made money on this cycle matrix.

The company does have a product to sell and you can become a distributor of their product if you want, so they are an actual company with a real product.

People waste $20 all the time, so if they can make it back & then some. I want to help others make money, but don't want to accidently scam someone along the way, so trying to understand what "cycling" is and how it works.

MaryJacobs

Asked by MaryJacobs at 1:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• this is a pyramid scheme. Read up on them, they never work. Anyone can get on with the BBB if they pay the money to join them. They might be "technically legal" because of some loophole, but please don't buy into this. if you really want to make money, start your own pyramid. The ones on the top are the ones who make all the $ trust me.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• This is a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme. I have been sucked into several in my life. If you really want to do something like it, forget about the multi-level marketing part and find a product or service that you really like, enjoy, or feel strongly about. Get into it because you believe in the product and want to share it with others. Then, if you are a good salesperson, you may make enough to pay for your product or a couple of extra bucks. Do not get into it because you have great plans of replacing an income. The only ones who ever do are the ones who have gotten in on the ground floor of a very successful business.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• That's a pyramid scheme and they are illegal.
    Anonymous

• This is not a pyramid scheme and not only the people that start on the ground floor make money. I am very successful with my business and didn't start on the ground floor. A pyramid scheme is where the only way to make any substantial money is by recruiting alone. You did state they had a product to sell. Can you make a decent income from that? (What is the profit margin) Every legit company is going to have a way to make money from selling products and recruiting. You will have to work hard and I would suspect that the above posters were never willing to do that. Educate yourself on network marketing because it is a legit business to make a large amount of money in.
    Anonymous