Morning sickness question :(

I am almost eight weeks and I am doing my best to not totally give in to this morning sickness. With my other kids I had that hyperemesis gravidism (something like that) and it about killed me! So this pregnancy I have been trying to take it day by day and not give in. My question is...at what week is it usually the worst? When did it get better for you? Maybe not go away all together but just start to improve?

Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• mine peaked around 8-10 weeks, leveled and then got better by 14 weeks
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It didn't get better for me until i discovered ginger. I ended up being able to eat only after eating ginger unless it had ginger in it. I drank nothing but water and ginger ale. If I looked at a runny egg yolk I puked.
    try the ginger.
    you can buy raw ginger in the produce department. If you have a traders joe's, whole foods, fresh market or similiar near you can probably find ginger paste. I purchased all those plus crystallized ginger from "the ginger people" online.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• mine started about 6wks and went all the way through at least the 1st trimester. I lost like 40lbs
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 1:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Mine started about 8 weeks and was over by 12 weeks. My mom had me suck on chocolate, peppermint or eat saltine crackers. That worked for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Don't hate me - but I never went through the morning sickness issue with any of my 6 babies. I hear that folic acid helps, and my best friend swears by ginger root. They are both totally safe - you might want to give them a try and see if it helps.
    Most "experts" say that generally after the first trimester your symptoms should let up, but that isn't always the case.
    1Katrina

Answer by 1Katrina at 1:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I got morning sickness with all 4 of my pregnancies but it was never anything severe. I would say mine peaked at about 8 weeks and disappeared by 12 weeks. I always felt better if I ate at least something first thing in the morning (usually a handful of saltines). If I didn't eat then I was WAY sicker than if I did. I've also heard the ginger works wonders too. My dr's office gave me some ginger hard candies that helped when it was really bad. I've also heard that peppermint helps too.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 1:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• honestly I have suffered from HG through all my pregnancies. It got better when the drugs started kicking in. I would have never made it sane out of my last two pregnancies with out them. Are you on anything? I don't recommend Pherngan if you have a life to live it just knocks you out for hours at a time. Tigan is good for moderate HG. Zofran is wonderful... very expensive but they have a generic form now. It works almost as well.

My advice make healthy choices when eating. Eat what sounds good. Don't be to proud to ask for help since it does wear you down something fierce. If you need to talk through it message me. I found it always helped to talk with some who had been trhough it. And not have someone telling me try crackers, prego pops or ginger.
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 2:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• With my first son I was sick my entire pregnancy, with this pregnancy i'm almost 14 weeks i'm still sick but it's a lot better than what it was at 8 weeks. I hope you start feeling better soon!!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2010