Cervix

I am 39 weeks and 3 days. I am 1 cm dilated, 40% effaced, and +1 stationed. This hasn't changed in the past week. My doctor said that my cervix is high and I may need to be induced. I have heard being induced isn't very fun, so is there anything I can do to get my cervix lower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If your cervix is that high I'd say that you aren't ready to deliver yet. I'd personally say to wait a week or two longer and then see how it is. I know that with my second she was only 7 poundsat 40 weeks and she was in no hurry to come out (which is my smallest baby. Other two were over 8 and a half pounds at 37 weeks) . If circumstances were different, I would have definitely waited. Inductions are NO fun. I've had inductions with all 3 and I wouldn't recommend it. The contractions are one right after the other (the pitocin contraction and then your body's own natural ones). If I were ever to get pregnant again I would wait until about 42 weeks before I'd even consider another induction.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 1:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yep that's a sign you're not READY to have the baby. Don't induce. Doctors are so "induce happy" these days it makes me sick. Your cervix will "ripen" when it's ready to birth a baby :) You have until 42w before you need to consider induction. Until then walk walk walk. Otherwise tell your doctor to smarten up!
    chazabee

Answer by chazabee at 1:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I am no expert but I would have to say no. My first two deliveries were induced and I tried everything to go into labor on my own. I ate gross things, walked a ton, and even had very unromantic sex from behind (sorry TMI I know) to get this going and...nothing! My third baby I just decided to enjoy the last few weeks, to take pictures of my belly in artistic ways (that's goofy I know) and other things to make it more pleasurable. I finally went into labor on my own but was still almost two weeks overdue. Once that baby is out then they will never be back in again. Believe it or not you may miss these uncomfortable days? Or maybe not at all lol!!!! Your at the finish line.... I on the otherhand am 8 weeks and so sick :(

littlebehr1

Answer by littlebehr1 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• try sitting on one of those giant excersize balls.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Today my doctor told me that if I don't go soon, he will have to induce me Feb. 17th or the 24th because those are the days he is on call...
    Anonymous