Why were democrats using lack of snow as proof of man made global warming?

Then turn around and say the growing amounts of snow means nothing? Hear it for yourselves there is a cspan video from a few years ago @ the link
http://www.breitbart.tv/flashback-clips-snow-levels-cause-democrats-to-demand-urgent-action/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They had better hurry up and get the global gov't of carbon emissions into place before ,many more years of ACTUAL weather show them to be fools or crooks !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• 2010- Climate change-keep up
    Anonymous

• Seasonal changes mean hysteria I guess to some.All one big fluke
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Global warming was a fear fad. The same with the hole in the O-zone layer, Swine Flu, and everything else. Whereas it might actually exist, it isn't nearly as devistating to the country as they make it out to be. Therefore, when people stop believing in the fear fad, they have to etch up their game to get people to continue to believe. This fad, like many others, have caused people to spend more money, change their lifestyles, and thinking. This has created mass panic in communities all throughout the country. This is what they wanted. They wanted people to believe.

What they refuse to understand is that we are in the process of an ice age ending. That is why the ice caps are melting. It happens every thousand years or so. It's mother nature changing her cycle, period. Then another ice age will start again after this one ends. It can take a hundred years for this one to end though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It's been my experience that most people who talk about global warming/climate change don't actually understand the hypotheses behind it. They've heard one or two people talk about it, and can make vague references to very old studies, but can't actually tell you what's in those studies or where the info comes from. If you present them with data that opposes what they believe, they immediately write it off as "industry sponsored" without even reading it or considering the validity of what's inside.

The few people who are educated on the subject are the least likely to be shouting from the rooftops that everyone needs to buy a hybrid and vote Democrat. At best, they make qualified statements that there may or may not be a problem and that making changes that have other positive effects are a good thing (the question of the positive outweighing the negative is a whole different debate)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• If neither means anything then we can drop the subject and stop acting like idiots going crazy about it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Just Love the 'Heavier than average' (much heavier) snow storms dumping on DC... "When Hell Freezes Over"... LOL
    Blogengeezer

Answer by Blogengeezer at 4:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I heard that they at first were using the warmer winters as a reason to say that it was global warming, and now that atleast in my area we have had high amounts of snow it is also somehow global warming. I moved to the area a few years ago and we have never really had snow, but based on my kids teachers the amount we are getting now is the same as what was the norm 25-20 yrs ago. Maybe Global warming is over HAHA.
    Anonymous

• I dont know much about global warming since it isnt my interest of study, but I do know my mom and dad have never seen the amount of snow they have in the last couple weeks in VA and that where I live people are commenting how the weather pattern here is much the same as it was 30 yrs ago. Better be careful though, because next thing you know Obama and the dems will claim they cured global warming.
    Anonymous

• I don't even think about it. But our families have always "lived green". And the air pollution issue has been around for over 60 years.
    Anonymous