If one of your friend's children were being rude/disrespectful/mouthy to you, would you say something to that child??

If you had a friend whose child was being rude/disrespectful/mouthy to you, would you say something to that child or let it go so you didn't cause problems within your friendship? (OLDER child, ages 8 and up.)

chazabee

Asked by chazabee at 1:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would ask them what was up their craw? Sometimes kids have issues unrelated to the immediate behavior. They might have a problem and taking it out on you.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i would not allow my child to hang around that child anymore. thats a bad influence
    Anonymous

• I would say something but I would say it in a way that wouldn't offend the mother.

It depends on what you mean by rude. If the kid didn't say thank you, no big deal.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I would tell them that they do not speak to me like that and that I would be discussing it with their parent. I know that sounds harsh but that is just the way it is with my friends and their kids, they would do the same for mine.
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 1:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I would ask the childs parent in a round abut way. Say something like "Hey, I know this is something you've been working on.... what would be the best way to help?"

sometimes a look is all you need to let the other parent know that their child's behavior is unacceptable if you don't want to say anything.

But i would feel weird about minding someone else' kids manners.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• absolutly
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I would let them know it isn't acceptable to behave that way in my home or in front of me and I would talk to his/her parents about it. I've said things like "Stick THAT attitude back in your pocket and save it for somewhere else, because it doesn't work around here."
    1Katrina

Answer by 1Katrina at 1:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• depends on the friend, but yep i would and she would say something to my kids too
    acounard

Answer by acounard at 1:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Okay thanks you guys make me feel better. I can't stand when a tween goes off and sasses me. I just can't stand the attitudes of some of the kids these days and I got to thinking and you know I wouldn't let my children talk to me like that so why would I let someone else's children!
    chazabee

Answer by chazabee at 1:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i would say something. no kid is going to disrespect me and get away with it. i don't care if it would jeopardize a relationship with their parent. if the parent let their kid disrespect me in the first place, there would already be a problem.
    Anonymous