When is it okay to let your son go into a boys bathroom himself?

numberonemom25

Asked by numberonemom25 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• 4 i stand right outside the door.
    Anonymous

• well, not in the bathroom, i dont stand outside the door, but out in the hall.. lol
    Anonymous

• I think my son was in school before I felt he would have the wherewithall to run, bite, etc if someone tried anything.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• If the bathroom is a locking room? i guarde the door and let him in on his own, about 4. but my son is delayed and he is 6 and if stal bathrooms are all that is available and his father is not there, he is going in with me in the ladies room
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My son started using public restrooms on his own when he was 6. He's 8 now and when we are out to eat he walks himself to the bathroom, as do my girls. My oldest daughter (9 1/2) even takes her little sister (almost 4) with her and helps her use the toilet.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Probably around 5-6. I know it's embarrassing for a little boy at 4 to use the women's bathroom, but I wouldn't feel comfortable letting him go in there alone. Not even because of sickos that could be in there, it's just not comforting knowing he's in there alone.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i don;t have a son but i use to take my little cousin with me everywhere and i would not let him in the mens room until he was older. possibly around 8. just because the mens room and all the sickos. i don;t trust men's rooms. but its just part of life i guess. as long as he washed his hands. lol
    Anonymous

• Depends....My son is 3 and he is still going in the girls.

Probably arond 6
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Feb. 11, 2010