I need help

I have been testing the church I wsa raised in and am getting close to leaving it I think. It's such a hard and painful battle but when I see the light of the truth that God offers to me I don't want to stay in this prison anymore. So anyone who has ever left a church, how did you do it? In steps or cold turkey? It's so scary to me cause this is so uncertain, I mean this is my salvation and I was raised we are the holder of truth that everyone else is wrong... So please help in words, prayer or anyway you can plesae!

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 1:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• If the church you are at is truly an unhealthy environment for you, then a good clean break might be best. if iti is a difference of beliefs, maybe a slower stepping away as you find your new spiritual home
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• yeah its a difference in beliefs.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Are you open to say what beliefs you are switching from and going to? just curious. I grew up Baptist and now my husband and family go to a non-denominational church. which still teaches the hold bible but in a non-threatening way.
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 1:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i used to be catholic and i felt the same way, just didnt sit right with, so i stopped going. i researched different religions and i liked how jehovah's witnesses followed the bible and i loved how united and peaceful they were, so i researched them some more. One day i had a knock on the door, two jw's. that day i knew that that was the path i was meant to be on. Since i started with them, my marriage is back together, we had another child and we are so happy. You just need to research, but only look at official websites, some other websites can be anti catholic or baptist or anything, so only use the official website. I'll give you the one for jw's in case you want to look.

http://www.watchtower.org/

Anonymous

• dont do that belief o matic thing, thats not the way to go
    Anonymous

• I don't want to be a religion basher - but the real and only true way to go to heaven and have a fulfilled life is have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Yes your life will still have ups and downs but don't go through life with blindfolds on. JW is not based on the Holy Bible and the true life of Jesus Christ. Please think twice before you go to JW.
    Anonymous

• I am going from Seventh Day Adventist to Christian.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• JW is not based on the Holy Bible and the true life of Jesus Christ. Please think twice before you go to JW.
    ------------------------

We do base our lives around the holy bible. Jesus Christ is our savior. You shouldnt tell people things that arent true, that's not nice.
    Anonymous

• i honestly do not know too much about 7th Day...but going to Christianity is the best choice! I feel like I am gaining a new family memeber - I know that sounds weird-but it's true. Chrstianity - believing in one true God and personally knowing Jesus Christ, is the way to do life. Christian churches are so welcoming, just take the leap and leave cold turkey - or maybe they'll talk you out of not leaving the church.
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 4:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Christian is a broad term and I'm pretty sure SDA consider themselves Christian.

I believe that our faith is a journey and we are meant to learn and grow with it over our whole life.  So if you are questioning where you should be right now its okay, just keep praying. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2010