Does your husband/SO open doors for you?

My Husband has been doing it since We got Together over five years ago (Married for over four years)..not because I've asked or expect it, but because that is who He is as a real Man. He always opens my truck door for me, even if I'm the one driving, and every door when We go anywhere. But I do it, too - when He lets me get away with it. hehe. And He will open the door for others if the occasion arises, which always leads to them telling me how lucky I am to have such a Gentleman (I know! ;D). My Hubbie is proof that chivarly is NOT dead..but not just with opening doors for me - in many more ways, too! ;P

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 1:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• at times.. not usually the car door but doors to restaurants and such.. he'd open the door to the hospital too if it wasn't automatic! LOL
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• awww! mine will too,not as much as yours though!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I remb those Days I cant say I remb anytime Recently :(
    Anonymous

• Yes, in fact, I get yelled at when I open a door for myself.
    Anonymous

• "That's who he is as a real man" .. That isn't what defines someone as a real man. That is polite of him, but that doesn't make him a real man. My husband does sometimes, but I don't want him to. I am fully capable of opening doors for myself and am not the type of girl who needs a guy to do that kind of thing for her. When he does it I appriciate it, but it isn't something that doesn't needs to happen all the time. He shows me he loves and respects by doing other things, but I don't need him opening doors for me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• most of the time yes
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• When its just us yes. When we have our two babies we divide and conquer! I just want to get where we are going! LOL
    Anonymous

• Jazz, that's one of the gazillion things that makes Him a real Man in MY eyes..I wasn't referring to anyone else's guy. And I don't "need" Him to open doors for me. He does it because it's part of who He is and what He loves to do - who am I to not let Him do something He enjoys?

Thanks, though..and nice try. ;D It just figures someone would make an attempt to turn this into something negative.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 3:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010