Why did you have a c section?

Now that I'm all on the topic of c sections, lol, I'm curious. If you had one, why? Did you like it?

Personally, my son was in the transverse position, almost 9 lbs, and wouldn't turn. He was actually so high up that he was pressing on my ribcage REALLY hard. Talk about painful! I was in more pain before the surgery than after, lol! While I would have liked to have vaginal birth, my c section was a piece of cake! I loved it. It was also scheduled though, and I've heard that makes a difference

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went into labor naturally, but waited a few hours before going to the hospital to make sure I was in labor (had contractions from 18 weeks on). Anyway, I was 3cm when I got there so they admitted me. I was moving steadily through labor until 7cm. Then it slowed immensely. They kept making me switch positions, because my daughter's heart rate kept dropping. It took about 9 hours for me to dilate another 2.5cm. We waited a few more hours and I just wouldn't dilate any further. Then they gave me pitocin. Although my contractions became ridiculously strong and painful....no progress. After about 5 more hours of contractions that made me want to die, they decided that I should just push through that last centimeter. I pushed for about 3 hours and she never even descended. They couldn't see her head.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Out of three pregnancies only one (my last) was a csection, it was done as an emergency procedure there was a knot in the umbilical cord.and when I pushed it was depriving the baby's oxygen. No I didn't like it, it is like night and day as far as natural verses csection.

Answer by older at 1:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i got induced because my blood pressure was sky rocketing, and wouldn't go down after bed rest and them trying everything else, after getting induced my water broke and i contracted for a day and half, and struggled to keep my BP down as much as possible the whole time, the baby still wouldn't budge, and my BP kept going up and up, he was getting stressed in there so they rushed me down for a c-section. my epidural wouldn't kick in and they didn't have time to keep trying new things, so they knocked me out and then came baby. i wish i would have known what natural was like, but i know that mine was necessary, and am extremely happy my baby boy is okay :)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My 1st one was planned after my 36 week appt. I had 3 doctors check me (that was a fun day) and they decided I would not be able to give birth vaginally based on the size and shape of my pelvis. My others were repeats.
    And since the first one I've had 8 or so other doctors in 3 other practices in 2 other states tell me the same thing...I could never deliver vaginally.
    I'll be having my 5th c-section this July (my others were in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2006).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I had one because if I didn't, my son or both of us would have died. I had no problems with the C-section or after. I had very little pain and a healthy baby.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• my water broke at 34 weeks and they were trying to induce me but my cervix wouldnt dialate so i had a csection. im happy i did, i dont want a loose vagina. haha.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Just to clarify, having a baby vaginally doesn't make you loose.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• OMG PURPULbutterfly lol...Most people dont get a loose vagina. Maybe some do but I've had three kids and I'm still in the game sista. That's funny....

I never had a csection but I should have. My son was 9lbs 15oz and he was stuck! For his safety not mine. Yes...even with an almost ten pound baby I healed up just as great as I did with a 7lb baby. Honestly...I think I'm stuck on the loose vagina thing!
    littlebehr1

Answer by littlebehr1 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• my son was breach and was 9 lbs and I still have a week and a half to go and then my blood pressure was going up so doc said it was time...
    This time around is because it is my last and i am going to get my tubs CUT and i am DONE. so i said just do it all at once!!!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 2:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I was induced for pre-eclampsia and my son was also transverse. I pushed for three hours and the doctor just said he was "stuck", lol....and he WAS stuck during the section, she had a hard time pulling is head out of the birth canal and I had a lacerated uterus. AND I was an L/D nurse at the time and understood everything that was going on.....driving the doctor crazier. He was fine, 8#2oz, very pointy head, apgars 9/9. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2010