Has anyone ever done work for A. New England Crafters/The Magical Gift Company, B. Cottage Industries, or C. Angelic Creations?

Researching these work-at-home opportunities.

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 1:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't know, but I am looking at the sites you posted. They are intriguing. So far the New England one looks legit.

Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Here is the problem with the at home craft making "opportunities" and why they are scams. They make it sound great such as "Get paid $XX for making XX" what they don't tell you is that when you make the items and send them in, instead of getting a check in the mail you'll get EACH item ou made back saying they are made incorrectly and don't meet their standards. You'll keep making new ones, even perfectly, and you'll keep getting them back as not passing their quality control and you MAKE NOTHING.

Take a look at the items they have you make and earn $5 or whatever on....they are standard craft junk that anyone can make for a lot less PLUS you never see these items being sold in stores. If they have dozens, hundreds, or thousands of women earning thousands of dollars a year making angel, necklaces, etc. etc they would have to mark up the cost of these items ridiculously and be selling them like crazy, which they aren't
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• CONT. these companies probably donate the junk, they make their money solely on selling the kits to women trying to earn money!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• All three of these places had at least an A rating from BBB. The first two I think may be OK. The third one made some statement on the website that she only buys what she needs? So then I wonder if you're stuck with it until she needs it? The second one is a dollhouse miniature and has some legit customers - only one in my area. The first is a real store...haven't heard anything BAD. I had a list of maybe 30 assembly places and I've narrowed it down to these three. Just wanted to know if anyone had anything good to say about them? Or bad?
    augsmom

Answer by augsmom at 2:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I haven't heard of them. Good job looking into The Better Business Bureau.
    I work from home and I can help you work from home too!! I have a lot of fun doing what I do!!! I am a stay at home Mom to 2 year old Joey and 11 month old Abigail. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I have heard of the magicalgiftdollhouses. but have not tried it yet thinking about trying it

kathy1234650

Answer by kathy1234650 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2013