Calling hate and bigotry....

isn't that just more hate? Is it really moral to call someone a hater?

Calling it as you see it? Is that really in line with good morals and compassion towards others?

I see so many ppl calling others haters, or telling others they are bigots and hate others. I started thinking last night, this seems to be more fuel for the hate. I understand you might "call it as you see it" but who are we to call others out? If we are truly suppose to worry about ourselves, should we be calling others out?

Example: a: I think God called us to be man and wife
B: think how you want nobody is forcing you to be gay
A: I will never support it
B : you are a hater and bigot.

WTH? As soon as a person doesn't agree or tell how they feel they are a hater, but isn't the person calling a hater just as guilty as being a hater? Calling it as you see it doesn't make it right. It means you use hate whil calling it as you see it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Let me get this straight? You all have no problems calling others names such as haters and bigots?

interesting.

how many of you believe in God? Just wondering if one has anything to do with the other.
    Anonymous

• No, it's about crossing a line. Nobody forces person A to BE gay. Nobody has even asked person A to be gay, and finally, it is not person A's place to give permission for anyone else to be gay. In other words, it's not even about them. Person A's rights end where person B, C, and D's rights begin. "Not supporting" it, in other words, refusing to allow the law to change to allow it, is person A forcing their rights onto person B, C and D. That is what makes them a bigot.

If they were trying to pass a law that said everyone must enter a gay marriage, and person B called person A a bigot for protesting that, then person B would be in the wrong. That's not what's happening, though. It's person A telling person B they aren't allowed to be happy because person A doesn't feel like it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• depending on the scenerio. Using your religion to be against homosexuality CAN be bigotry and hate.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• In a perfect world, we would all have to agree to dissagree, but it'll never happen.
    Anonymous

• People are allowed to feel the way they do. Taking religion out of it, people are entitled to their opinions you just don't need to force them on everyone else and be mad because they don't agree with it.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I was about to write a long reply to this, but I really can't say it any better or more clearly than NotPanicking... So yeah, what she said :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Calling it as you see it doesn't necessarily mean hate, just like religious people call hating the sin not the sinner.
    Is it really moral to discriminate against a certain group of people?

Answer by older at 2:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

I actaully flipped the scenario from what I was thinking to protect the innocent or the not so innocent

but ok so it IS bigotry and hate, what good does calling bigotry and hate

I hate using Hitler as an example, so bear with me for a minute. Do you think calling him a hater would have stopped him? Or fueled his fired and ordered more evil?
    Anonymous

• why do christians pick on homosexuality though? why not go speak out against Red Lobster or something? Leviiticus for those who dont know. WHY not be in newspapers for how IMORAL and wrong shellfish eater are? and try to save THIER souls. How about shellfhish eating conversion prayer camps to help them turn away from Red Lobster? WHY HOMOSEXUALITY unlees people feel PERSONALLY threatened by its existance
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Anon01, Hitler was a freaking psychopath in power. I would HOPE to think that most religions people are not INSANE just misguided
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010