how can i start labor naturally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Wait for it.....anything else is not natural. Let your body do what it is supposed to do when it is supposed to do it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Well by definition by letting labor start naturally it means you wait and it comes when it is supposed to.

But I get what you mean. There are natural catalysts such as evening primrose oil, castor oil and sex that can take effect to bring the onset of labor. Sex is what worked for me. Semen can ripen the cervix faster to bring on labor and you having an orgasm can help the uterus contract.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I agree with the sex idea...never worked for me but it was fun trying :)
    Anonymous

• I tried everything known to man... I was 3 cm at 36 weeks.. still 3 cm at 42 weeks when I was induced
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It will happen when baby is ready. You can try all those things but when it come to it. Your body will go into labor when it is ready.
    Anonymous

• Truly naturally?
    Have your baby signal your body that it is ready, hormones from you-placenta-baby will trigger labor.
    ;-)

Or do you mean force labor with home remedies?
    There are many levels of "natural."
    Sex, walking, and foods will pose the least/no risk, after that it becomes further from "natural."
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• By waiting until your body decides it's time.
    Anonymous

• Wait and let it happen by itself. WHy are so many Moms so impatient? LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It worked for me! I went to the Dr. on my due date and he says 2cm see u next week I said "HELL WITH THIS! Its September in La. and I'm hot and enormous So...

I walked around my block and then some ( about a mile)
    Came home moved some furniture and started cleaning
    And had sex with hubby before he left for work (he worked nights at the time)

Needless to say he wasnt at work very long!
    I went back to the hospital that night 4 cm dilated and had a 9lb healthy baby boy
    tracie_alane

Answer by tracie_alane at 3:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I agree with waiting for it to happen. Your baby will let you know when he/she is ready to come out. Believe me, when my due date came and went, I was a little frustrated, but obviously it wasn't her time to come yet, and 2 days later, out came my daughter. Be patient mama, it will happen when it will happen :)
    smilegrrl07

Answer by smilegrrl07 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2010