Can I give my son milk? Please, I need to know...

My son is 8 months old. He eats cheese, and yogurt and stuff like that all the time. I only have enough formula to make like 2 bottles and we wont have the money to get any until Friday. Do you think it will be okay for me to give him a little bit of milk to replace a bottle or two a day. He only takes 3 bottles a day. So do you think like 5 or 6oz of milk twice a day will hurt him? It's really my only option....he eats table food for breakfast lunch and dinner, but he always gets a bottle before nap and before bed.....so do you think it will be okay to do this until I can get formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it will probably upset his tummy and make him constipated
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Call your pediatrician and ask for formula samples. They have all different kinds, don't give him cow's milk, his belly is not ready for it.
    Anonymous

• Call your pediatrician, homeles shelters, food pantries, or pregnancy clinics. they can help you
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Call your son's Doctor! I did and my son was fine! I just diluted it with water. But I knew my son and what he could tolerate! Good Luck!

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 2:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Is there anything other than formula I can give him, if not cows milk?

OP
    Anonymous

• He really still should be getting way more formula and lees food anyway. If you are that porr, can't you get WIC? You should try for it if you can.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It's not your only option. See if your hospital has a sample, or follow the advice above. Borrow some formula from someone you know with babies. Your child could seem fine with milk but have a bleeding stomach lining.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't recommend it. If it's that bad, I agree with asking the ped for a sample can, or going to a food bank. No one can lend you money for one can of formula? Milk might upset his stomach, and does not contain the nutrients he needs.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Woah...he's only getting formula 2X a day? Did I read that right? He needs MUCH more, and should be offered a bottle BEFORE each meal of solids. That's a LOT of solids and NOT enough formula.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• No milk. It can damage your baby's kidneys forever. Formula was invented because cow's milk kills babies.

Your baby needs much more formula for brain development. Formula needs to be a baby's main source of nutriton for the first year. Go on craigslist and say you need formula now. Ask if people have some or know where to get some. Local organizations that give food and clothes to people may have formula. Antiabortion groups that run pregnancy centers may have some.

Your baby needs around 30 ounces of formula a day.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2010