due today

Im due today and still no baby. Im ready to have this baby i feel the same as i have the past couple of days. Has anyone every had that happen to you and you go into labor soon
?

mommy2be77

Asked by mommy2be77 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nope. I was induced 10 days past my due date
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It could be up to 2 more weeks and still be normal. Most doctors won't let you go that long. My first pregnancy was over 42 weeks. I wouldn't let them induce me. I had stopped working and was very bored waiting and looking in the mirror.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Don't worry Mama! It will be very soon!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• :( sorry hun - hope baby comes soon!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Hi there, mommy2be77!
    I know that it’s an anticlimax to see the due date come and go without a sign of labor. It is normal for the baby to come between 38 and 42 weeks, though many doctors’ approach is to induce by 41 weeks.
    Here’s what I’d advise my own friend or sister:
     Try not to worry! Eat, drink plenty, sleep, watch tv,read-any diversions at all.
     Keep monitoring baby’s movements. Report an unusual change, or decrease to your MD or midwife
     Call your caretaker as soon as your water breaks to let them know
     If it’s ok with your caretaker, continue to make love if you so desire. Prostaglandins in semen soften the cervix. Female orgasm stimulates oxytocin release, which can cause contractions. Nipple stimulation does the same thing.
     Ask family and friends to not ask if you've gone into labor-they'll understand!
    All the best!
    Liz (MaternityNurse)
    MaternityNurse

Answer by MaternityNurse at 3:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• With my first child I woke up, was having a cup of coffee and sorting laundry when I said to my husband "I just don't think I can take this anymore." I was hugely fat, it was May, and we were living in  Florida so it was already  hot.

Right then my water broke. This was on the day that I calculated as my due date. (The doctor's date was 2 days away).

Anonymous