Valentines party/Christmas party/ Halloween party

Is your child having a valentine part? My children are but they weren't allowed to so much as say Christmas or Halloween. How is this any different?

after all, they are all originally pagan holidays.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My kids' school is having Valentines' Day activities... but then again they also have a Halloween party and a Christmas concert.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I just peeked at her school calendar and it says "Valentines Day Parties...". There it is. My dd did not have a Halloween party. Of course there was a Christmas party but its called winter break party or holiday vacation....lame-O! lol I guess you can TRY to take the holiday out of the school but you cant take the holiday out of the teachers.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Gs is having a Valentine's day party the last hr of the school day on the last school day of the week...
    They had a Halloween/Fall party and a Christmas/Holiday party... same set up... last hr of the last day
    they are in school prior to the holiday...

If you don't like that your school has these things, pull them for the day or let the school know and they will send your
    child to another room for the time of the party...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I have no problem with the Valetines party and I also didn't have a problem with a Christmas or Halloween party. It just seems like one allowed the others should be allowed.
    Anonymous

• Di will be having a Valentine party at daycare...our daycare lady loves holidays, and with 2y/os it's all about the goodies!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Anon>>>I have no problem with the Valentines party and I also didn't have a problem with a Christmas or Halloween party. It just seems like one allowed the others should be allowed.

I agree... but some schools remove the more popular (Christmas and Halloween) parties do to religious out cry ... some will change them to "Fall" fests and "Holiday Time" for the sake of all children and their religious beliefs and some schools have
    actually banned ALL types of parties including birthdays do to some children don't celebrate those either....

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• To me, it's not any different. My family and I choose not to participate in anything that has a pagan origin. Those days the school has those kind of parties, they can either go to the library, but usually they stay home with me and we go to a movie or shopping or just hang out at home. This is when they are little, when they're older like one of my kids in H.S she doesnt go because she chooses not to go.
    Anonymous

• not a party really its just us at home im ight make cupcales and let them decorate cookies or something but really I just want to make an awesome diner rent a movie we all acn watch and have us all sit down and watch it together :) But my kids also get Halloween and Xmas parties.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My dd goes to a Christian school and they have parties (I don't think they had one for Halloween? hmm. I don't remember). They are celebrating Valentines Day this Friday.

I personally hate it, because I hate candy.

LOL : )

my poor DD!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i know! pc is taking away all of the fun!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2010