Can anyone recommend a good debt consolidation program?

My sister and I are looking for legitimate debt consolidation programs to help us both get a handle on our finances. Has anyone used one and been pleased, actually gotten things paid off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• Ameriplan has an awesome plan to help you reduce and consolidate your debt by 40%.
    Plus you ALSO recieve Legal services, Roadside assistance(up to 4 cars), Identity theft protection & Restoration and a National Child ID partnered with the FBI.

All just $24.95, check it out at www.ApSecurenet.com/ChristinaDennis

Good luck ladies!!

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 4:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• The Dept of Justice has put together a database of credit counseling/debt consolidation orgs with the DOJ stamp of approval-
    http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/

Answer by rkoloms at 5:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Consumer Credit Counseling.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• We use FCMC and we love them! We were on the verge of losing our house because our bills were out of control. Now I pay less/month than I used to pay on one card. We have been with them for just over 2 years and it's nice to see some bills going away. Of course that won't reduce our payment, the money just goes onto a different card.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• You need a NON PROFIT consumer credit counseling service to do this, if you don't want fees, and some scams. Some really take your money and do little to help. Call the united way, they can refer you to one in your area that is non profit. The for profit ones are the ones that really scare me.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 11:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2010