Give it up-does it have to be just for Lent?

I just read so many wonderful ideas; like put a pause on spending, reading the bible, self examination.

has anyone made a promise for a month out of the year that wasn't at Lent? but just looking for a way to examine yourself and connect with Jesus?

If so do you go around the same lines as Lent promises? How long does it last?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do forty day fasts throughout the year. In fact, I just finished one yesterday : )

I have been totally blessed by this website, they have different fasts you can do (during Lent or whenever). You would start with the one called "EAT at the Table of the King" and it gives you devotions for each day of the fast (for each "meal") and you can give up whatever you like. I must say that it REALLY changed my life in such a powerfull way, and I highly recommend it to anyone who desires to grow closer to the Lord. I think this is something you should look into.

God is probably calling your heart to draw near to Him and that is why you have this desire. Don't wait, He probably has something to speak to you! : )

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i often examine my life and the direction our family is going at the beginning of the year, around lent, and again in the fall. i really like the idea of instead of giving up something for lent, you actually focus on deepening your spirituality.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2010