naturally inducing labor

Im due today and want this baby out. What did you do to naturally induce labor? What worked for you? And how far along were you? And how long after doing it did you go into labor?

mommy2be77

Asked by mommy2be77 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• GOD I CANT STAND YOU PPL!!!! SHE DIDNT ASK YOU OPINION OF WHETHER OR NOT sHE SHOULD INDUCE!!! GET THE F*CK OVER YOURSELFS....HER BODY NOT YOURS!!! IF YOU DONT LIKE THE IDEA DONT ANSWER THE MOTHER F*CKING QUESTION....

I have been using Evening Primrose oil to help soften my cervix and drinking rasberry tea to tone my uterus..that way when i finally do go into labor it will be short and sweet...this is my 3rd baby...and i have done this with all three...was in labor for 3 hrs with first, pushed for 6 min...4 hrs with second and pushed twice....
    rosie2guns

Answer by rosie2guns at 4:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i hear sex works wonders. nothing worked for me, my baby didn't even wanna come out after being induced.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 3:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I was 3 cm at 36 weeks
    had membranes stripped at 38 and 40 weeks
    was induced at 42 weeks... still 3 cm
    babies come when they are ready
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• If it doesn't happen on it's own, it ain't natural. Why not wait? You "due" date can be 2 weeks off. So, you might be trying for a 2 week early baby. I mean really, you've waited this long.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• You can try every thing but if your body is not ready it will not go into labor. You just have to wait it out.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• naturally and induced...two words that shouldnt go together....no matter how you do it, its still an induction and they shouldnt be done unless there is a medical reason to do it.
    Im sorry your done being pregnant but maybe your baby isnt done developing, maybe they need more time in the womb for a reason....you arent even over due, your not TECHNICALLY overdue until 42 weeks! I had my last baby at exactly 42 weeks, no induction methods what so ever and had a very fast natural 4 hour labor.
    I know that you may not want to stay pregnant but try to think about whats best for your baby....if you cant do that now while your still pregnant, its going to be hard on you when you are raising your child, parenthood is about hard work, and sacrifice....sacrifice your comfort for the well being of your child!

Put your feet up and RELAX, thats my best advice, stress will hinder labor coming on, relax and let nature do its thing!
    Anonymous

• Sex did it with my first child and she was 9 days late. My second was 5 days early and he just came on his own. Third one was from walking, I walked up the hills and down the hills at the park over and over and over, I went into labor the next morning, she was 6 days early. I was vacumming with my fourth and went right into labor, 3 days early. But as everyone else said, a baby will come when they are ready, not a minute before and I truly believe in waiting for labor to happen naturally unless there is a medical reason to induce.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 3:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• You know people always say "If your bodys not ready to go into labor it won't" and I have to say that was not my experience. With combination of walking (over 2 miles), pinnapple, acupuncture, and herbal treatments Iwas able to induce my labor. But I would advise against it, unless they are pushing for medical induction (as in my case). Because I trigger labor before my body was ready I had a very long labor (almost 24 hours) and there was some concern because my son's head was not fully engaged in the pelvis. While my labor was manageable, I did end up delivering a sunny side up baby. So as much as it may suck I say wait. GL!
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I was induced and it was the biggest mistake I made as a parent. He just needed more time. I should have been more patient. Just wait.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i never said i was goign to do any of this. i just said i wanted the baby out. i jsut want to know if you tried it or not
    mommy2be77

Answer by mommy2be77 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2010