Funny reactions from older siblings after the baby is born...

What did your older kids say the first time they met your new infant? My older said of my younger "I love your new white baby!" My kids are b&w, and when my younger was first born, his color was still VERY pink until a couple days later. If the younger didn't look so much like a light skinned version of their daddy, it MAY have been an issue!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When I was pregnant with my second son I thought we were going to name him "Devin" so we started referring to him as that. My oldest son was 3 at the time so he started calling the unborn baby Devin too. Well, near the end we changed our mind. We decided to call him Austin instead. So when I brought him home I showed him to my other son & said 'Here's your new brother Austin!" And my son said "What happened to Devin? Why did you get this one? I want Devin!".
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 4:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I remember when my little brother was born. I was 3, and when my parents showed him to me, the first words out of my mouth were:

"what's that?"
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• That is too cute!!!! there really wasn't any reaction with my kids because they were around babies so often. But had they not been I wonder what they would have said!!
    TowmaGirl

Answer by TowmaGirl at 4:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• OP here! OMFGOSH! lisa89j, that is HILARIOUS! I wonder if it's the age. My dd was about 3.5 when my son was born.
    Anonymous

• When Samantha was born, my dd Sylvia (age 2 1/2) thought she was cute like a baby doll, but got angry when she wouldn't stop crying. I went into the bathroom one day while Samantha was in the baby swing and Sylvia was watching tv and I heard Samantha scream and then cry. I ran in to see what was wrong and couldn't find anything wrong with her until I felt that her sock was wet. I pulled her sock off and there were teeth marks all around her foot deeply impressed. Sylvia, meanwhile, was just sitting there watching tv like nothing happened. I was so angry!
    When I had Kathie, Sylvia was 5 and Samantha was 2 1/2. Neither one really cared one way or the other except for when she cried all the time. They had each other, which made the transition of a younger sibling easier, I think.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• OP here again-re. the bite? I WOULD HAVE BEEN LIVID, TOO! wooooo saaaaaaa
    Anonymous