Breastfeeding section

I really think that having a breastfeeding section in answers would be very good. You don't always know where to post breastfeeding questions because depending on the age of your bfing child they won't always go into 0-12 or toddlers or what have you. Food and drink isn't really appropriate either. At least with formula questions everyone on CM seems to stop at 1 year and start cow's milk so formula questions could go into 0-12 no problem, not always the case with BF questions. There are so many different kinds of BFing questions and so I really think there should be a section for them. Do you agree or disagree? Why do you disagree? How can we go about getting a BF section? PLEASE NO DRAMA!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How can you compare breastfeeding advocates to a group who murdered 13,000,000 people? What the hell is wrong with you????

Answer by rkoloms at 5:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I think it fits fine in babies or toddlers depending on the age of the child.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• hon, not going to happen. the ff empire rules the day.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• There's breastfeeding groups for questions regarding specific breastfeeding questions.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Confine the BF Nazis to one little camp. There is something poetic about that...
    Anonymous

• Allow me to point you to the Breastfeedign Moms group...we cover ALL ages and answer all questions. Just search groups for "breastfeeding moms."

Answer by gdiamante at 3:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Anon :58, nazis are SO last century.

Get it right.

MILITANT BREASTFEEDING CULT.

Got that?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yes, there are breastfeeding groups. Just as there are groups for just about everything else people have questions on. Despite that, we still have the answers section. Having a BF section here would make it easier to post, as well as getting an answer back quicker than from some of the groups. Maybe I should rephrase my question. What would be the problem with having a BF section?
    Anonymous

• I think it would be smart- it's a huge part of motherhood if you are breastfeeding, especially for the first time, and really it is a topic all its own. And it is something that other mother's can give good advice about, but depending on where you posted the question other moms who might be able to help might not see it. I am an advocate for breastfeeding but I think it is easier with support. Having its own section would make getting that support much easier. As for how to make that happen, I am stumped on how that works, but I support the idea.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i somewhat agree with what you're saying, but i think posting your BF question in the age appropriate group would get more results instead of having it's own section. your BF question will get more attention and answers if it's mixed in with all the other questions about babies or toddlers. at least that's what i think...
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 4:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2010