Does your baby grind their teeth?

My 11 1/2 mo old does, could it be because of her teeth hurting her maybe from teething. She is definitely teething, she has 5 teeth and geting her 6th one right now and its a front tooth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine did it from about 6 months until about 6 years....all the time. Couldn't stop him. He did stop on his own, thank god.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• All 3 of mine did that. I had forgotten about it - good news it means that they stopped. Probably by the age of 3.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I HATE that! Two of my kids did it and I think it is just figuring out their new teeth and the different things they can do with them. Both of mine stopped after a month or so of doing it! So annoying, but it should end.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• A lot of kids/babies grind their teeth and its annoying, but harmless. Baby teeth are very rounded and don't have the deep groves in them like our adult teeth do. So, they slip and slide around really easily and they make a horrible sound. She will outgrow it as she gets more teeth.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• gahh my son does that its soo gross i hate that sounds, ive read its normal though and they outgrow it...he only does it when a tooth is about to come thru
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 4:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• My daughter who is now five has done it since she started getting teeth in as a baby and even now she still does it - and I HATE it. My son will be 12 mos old next Tues and he does it too - but not as often as my daughter who does it every time she is sleeping in addition to 2-3 times a day. Annoying isn't it? :)
    MilMom04

Answer by MilMom04 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2010