any Christians think adultry isn't bad?

can you tell me why? are you able to give old and new testament reasons why adultry is a sin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Anonymous

• There are loads of scriptures in the Old and New Testament that speak against adultery. Even "the woman taken in adultery," after Jesus saves her from being stoned, tells her specifically "go and sin no more."

Anyway, here's a handful of the most basic "thou shalt not commit adultery" verses:

Ex. 20: 14
    Deut. 5: 18
    Matt. 19: 18
    Rom. 8: 12
    Rom. 13: 9
    Anonymous

• OOOKKKK

so Christians have NOT forgot about adultry as a sin?

Anonymous

• There are many verses about adultery, some are posted above. I am sure there are many more. I can give you a link for all of them if you want me to.

Adultery is a major sin. The reason is because marriage is a symbol of our relationship to God. How he chose us, is preparing a place for us (heaven), is returning for us, He calls us His bride, and we are to live with Him for eternity. When a man cheats on a woman, it symbolizes God (our Protector/Provider) breaking His covenant with us--which He would NEVER do. The man misrepresents the character of God. When a woman cheats on her husband, it symbolizes our hearts that wander from devotion and love for God (idolatry). Most of the Bible is about this issue of idolatry.

Either way, a man is to love his wife as Jesus loves the church. And we are to honor our husbands with the same love and respect we would show to God.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• so Christians have NOT forgot about adultry as a sin?

How many Christians in this century were virgins on their wedding night? How many of them lived at home with their parents until marriage? How many have never engaged in oral sex? They may remember it in theory, but what about in practice?
    Anonymous

• but it isn't forgotten?

Anonymous

• Uhhh, I was a virgin until my wedding night - and just had girl roommates when not living with my family.

Anyway, I think we need to define sin here. Sin does not mean something that no Christian has ever done.

Sin means something that is considered to be contrary to the will of God - that's it...there's no "and anyone who does it sucks," or "and now you can't claim you believe it's against God's since you've done it you big loser."
    Anonymous

• If it wasn't forgotten, why do they do it? It's not a one time thing, it's millions of people doing it repeatedly over their lifetime.
    Anonymous

I notice you conspicuously didn't answer the third question. Choosing to forget every Saturday night?
    Anonymous

• because Christians aren't perfect :)

I would also like to point out there are many who are virgins before marriage AND there are many who grow in their faith and start to understand WHY it is wrong and wish they could turn back time. That my dear is the grace and love of Jesus

Forgiveness of sins my friend. and its not just for Christians... try it you might like it
    Anonymous