If you really want to tell people you have a job, why not get a job? But calling beign a "sahm" a job? C'mon now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What's your point?
    Anonymous

• It IS a job. I worked harder staying home than I have in ANY paycheck job...and I'm a paycheck mom right now.

Being a MOM is a job in itself. Anyone who believes otherwise is kidding themselves.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Its work...that's true. I do a lot of work around here. I dont refer to what I do as "job" however. To me a "job" means you leave the house & go some where else & clock in & out (technically; I KNOW ppl work at home you get the idea). I dont get to "clock out" & leave this all behind. Its 24/7. So actually its worse then a job!
    Anonymous

• "It IS a job. I worked harder staying home than I have in ANY paycheck job...and I'm a paycheck mom right now.

Being a MOM is a job in itself. Anyone who believes otherwise is kidding themselves. "

totally agree. i've had many jobs, and being a SAHM is the hardest of them all!

wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 4:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I have a job that is mainly sit and wait for the phone to ring....

At least when I was a SAHM, I had loads of things that I did all day and it was way harder than this job.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• A job is ANYTHING THAT YOU DO! Some jobs you get paid for, some jobs you don't. Being a SAHM is a job.
    Anonymous

• Oh, this one is going to get loads of drama, I can tell.

I agree with others that it certainly counts as Job...though I will say I'm glad the IRS doesn't think so, and try to take more taxes and such from us for me being one ;)
    Anonymous

• http://newsrealblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Let me guess you're all about bringing home the bacon frying it up in a pan and then crumbling it over a cobb salad. If you're doing what you should be while being a SAHM you are constantly dfoing something, there has never been one moment since my son was born that I have thought to my self "Well I'm done for today that's all the work I've got to do today!". Nope there is about a million and four things I could be doing every single second of the day, it's a JOB even if I'm not getting paid for it.
    Anonymous

• Being a SAHM has been the best job I've ever had. It's got the best benefits and the best "paycheck" out of any of them. It also has the most overtime too. Unlike a "real job" you can't just leave. You are here everyday and it takes a strong willed woman to still be sane at the end. Instead of going "postal" is should be going "parental!" lol! Everything you do is observed by these little ones and your constantly "on." If you lose your temper, they are going to see that and think it's ok. If you cuss just once, they'll catch onto it.

But I do have to admit, I don't really like calling it a "job" because that gives it bad wrap. It's a lot of hard work, but I enjoy it so VERY much. Like the old saying goes, "You'll never work another day in your life if you enjoy what your doing."
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 4:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2010