DOES MY CHILD NEED

TO BE SIGNED UP FOR PRE-K, IS IT THE LAW ? I LIVE IN LOUISIANA AND SOMEBODY TOLD ME TODAY THAT ITS THE LAW FOR KIDS TO GO TO PRE-SCHOOL NOW. IM SO LOST I THOUGHT THEY REALLY JUST STARTED AT KINDERGARTEN ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE HELPFUL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• uhm no. I doubt that. they can't force you to do that. and if they do, tell them your homeschooling lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I never heard of it being required - often reccomended - but not required
    You can call your local school and ask
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I've never heard that before. You can always check with your local schools in case it's different where you live but I can't see how they can make it mandatory and expect you to pay the preschool & transport them.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• it's not law to go to preschool. Some places don't even force kindergarten.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I can't find any laws stating that, if it was true you'd be able to find something.

Here in Minnesota Kindergarten isn't even required. The first grade required is 1st.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 4:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• No. That is not true. In fact, the compulsory attendance age for children in Louisiana is age 7. So your child does not have to be enrolled in any form of school until they are 7 years old by the cut off date for the school year.
    Anonymous