Why are people against elective c sections?

I don't think I understand this really... Why does it matter HOW you have your kids, as long as you plan to take care of them once they are born? I've had one vaginal birth and two sections. The last section wasn't 100 % medically necessary but I was just too weak to push and the dr felt like my blood pressure was getting too high, so I elected for it. Why does that make me a bad person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You had reasons...we are refering to the I don't want to wait, so, I will just get this invasive surgery and risk the lung issues with my kid people. It is really safer to vaginally deliver your child. It helps expel fluid from their lungs and keep the infection and pain down for you. I had a 7 hour natural labor and was up ready to go the mnute it was over, no recoup time really.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I think most people are against c-section that are planned in advance, just for the mother's (or doctor's) convenience... I know I am. And I had a c-section with my son too. Mine wasn't planned though, I had been in labor for over 24 hours and wasn't making any progress due to the fact that his head was sideways, and wouldn't fit through the birth canal. But I really don't think women who plan a c-section more than a week BEFORE their due date, just because it's convenient for them are doing the responsible thing. Just my opinion.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• They are close-minded, controlling, people that like to dictate what other people should do in their lives. It should be a woman's choice as to how she gives birth.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It doesn't make you a bad mom at all. Most people are not against c-sections in general. The problem is the amount of c-sections preformed per year is increasing and putting both mom and baby at risk. Doctors are pushing more and more women into c-sections that are not medically necessary to make things "easier" on them.

Because c-sections have become so common, women are under the impression it is routine and not risky, when in fact it is.

To me, no matter how a baby gets here, you are still a parent; no different that I am.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I agree with the other ladies!

Answer by older at 4:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I had an elective c section. My dr was going out of town and in his small practice, the only one there was a total douche bag who creeped me out. I delivered at 39 weeks and 2 days with a schedule c section. Sue me! I wanted to have my dr there because I felt secure that he knew what he was doing. haha
    Anonymous

• Just the hospital bill for an uncomplicated c-section can be $33,000. I can have a homebirth in Tucson for $2,000 total. You can have your elective c-section if you want to pay the $33,000 plus the bills for the epidural and the doctors.

A vaginal birth costs $9-17,000 for the hospital. Women who want elective c-sections can even pay the difference between the vaginal birth and c-section.

If you have insurance that pays then the people on your plan pay. If you have Medicaid then taxpayers pay. Women aren't supposed to have more than 2 c-sections. If you get pregnant again you will be a high risk patient and it will cost even more.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Personally, I don't know why people are like that. If I ever have another baby, I'm opting for a scheduled C-section. My first delivery was vaginal, and between my blood pressure and hemmoraging, it about killed me and I really don't wanna do that again!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• re: c-sections...most of the people who don't beleive in them have never had to have an emergency c-section, i had both my girls by c-cecs,did so because i am tiny (90-95 lbs before getting pregnant), i am so glad i did,the girs were too big, i would had to have them (the c's) anyway and i would not have heard them cry , my first was non eventful but my second was a little harder this was 23 and 17 years agoand are healthy....
    peewee76

Answer by peewee76 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• no it doesnt make you a bad person. i only think you should have one in an emergency... personally i think its hard enough to deal with a new born after a vag delivery, let alone having that surgery. its better to go natural. i think planned c-sections unless truly medically necessary are sheer lazyness on the mom or doctor's part.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2010