Should I give my newborn cows milk when i have it?

Ive seen you guys say how toxic and terrible formula is. Should I give my baby cows milk? I was advised by my doctor that i should NOT breastfeed due to the medications I take. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah right.. you know not to give a newborn milk
    Anonymous

• if ou cannot breastfeed then formula is your onl other option..other than donated breastmilk.no cows milk until a year of age.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 4:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• NO NO NO NO. Breast is best. If you can't breastfeed, then give formula. Newborns CANNOT tolerate cow's milk...that is very dangerous. You might also ask your doctor if there is a breast milk bank in your area....you may be able to get donated breast milk from other moms.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• i agree with the first anonymous.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• dont yall know shes trying to get a rise out of everyone, ignore this poster!
    Anonymous

• What! Formula was invented because cow's milk kills babies.

There are only a few meds that are contraindicated for breastfeeding and almost all conditions except chemotherapy can be treated and the mom can breastfeed. Call La Leche League so they can look up the meds. Doctors may have no training at all in breastfeeding.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• fake!!!!
    Anonymous

• If the medications are truly unsafe, which, by the way, may be untrue, then THAT'S
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• WHAT FORMULA WAS INTENDED FOR! Sorry... computer somehow cut my reply in two.
    Krysta622

• When you aren't able to breastfeed formula is a suitable substitute for nursing. There are some that I feel are better than others. Cows milk is not appropriate for a newborn, but you can switch to it at the end of the 1st year. I would start introducing it around 11 mos and make sure it's whole milk. At that age, they still need the additional fat in the milk for brain development. Your doctor should be able to recommend some ideas for you as well as your local WIC office. Congrats on your new baby!
    p.s. Don't let the snarky moms on here scare you off. They are just pathetic losers who have nothing better to do with their time than to put down others. They are losers. Ignore them.
    Anonymous