If your husband refused to sleep in the bed with you while you were cosleeping, would you stop cosleeping for your husband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Most Definitely
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 4:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• yes, co-sleeping has advantages but it also has disadvantages and can be quite dangerous for the baby. The longer you do it the more likely you are to have sleep problems in the child later on when moved to a crib. Just have the baby sleep in a bassinet next to the bed.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• yup
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• That's a tough question. My husband and I co-sleep with our 5 year old daughter and our 12 mos old son in a King Size bed and I think it would cause a lot of stress and heartache on everyone if he decided to sleep on the couch unless the kids slept in their own beds. We are going to transition our 5 year old into her own bed this summer b4 she starts Kindergarten and I think I will work on our son during this time as well but I will not push him. If you are already co-sleeping and your husband is now starting to give an ultimatum (sp?), it will be really hard on you and baby emotionally and he should be more sensitive to this. Good Luck!
    MilMom04

Answer by MilMom04 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I personally would never co-sleep to begin with.
    However, if that were the situation then I would definatley stop co-sleeping. That is mine and my husband's bed. It is not the community bed. If I were testing out co-sleeping and my husband said "No go" and went to another room, then I wouldn't do co-sleeping.

The longer you do it, the more your child depends on it. Which means when that child turns one you're going to still have that baby in your bed. Co-sleeping causes a lack in romance, since there's a baby in the middle, etc. It's also not very safe. I wouldn't ever do it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I agree with above, I would never co-sleep so I wouldn't have this problem. It's HIS bed too. Put your child is it's own bed.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Yes, indeed-though I understand how you may feel. Never lose sight of one very important thing: your baby *needs* your marital relationship to be strong! While I think co-sleeping is lovely, and did it myself many years ago for some time, it shouldn't happen at the expense of such an intimate part of the marriage.
    Despite the conditioning we get from our kid-centric society (where, by the way, marriages fail left and right), you two are the nucleus-the core relationship-of your family. I know that the bond between mother and child seems to eclipse all other bonds in the beginning, but it has to be put into perspective. Moms often project way more guilt than is realistic when they feel they're choosing hubby over baby, but they must! Trust me, the baby will be *fine*!!!
    If you'd like to stay close, I agree that a bedside bassinet may work well. Now go make the bed for two!
    Good luck,
    Liz (MaternityNurse)
    MaternityNurse

Answer by MaternityNurse at 5:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I would never co-sleep if my husband wasn't on board. In fact, we've talked about it and I plan to buy an Arm's Reach Co-sleeper because he does not want to co-sleep. I did with my daughter, but I was a single mom, so it wasn't a big deal. And BTW, she transitioned at 14 months (when I got engaged) with no issues at all. She's four now and only sleeps in my bed occasionally when hubby's out to sea.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• No. But no husband of mine would be stupid enough to say that to me.
    Anonymous

• Heck yes. I think that marriages have stopped becoming about the partner and all about the kids, and I don't think that is fair and I also think this is part of the reason why the divorce rate is so high.. I will chose my husband everytime (even if wrong...unless he was doing illegal things which he would never do, and I would be in jail for murder) in front of my children that way they know we are a team. I think that maybe a compromise could be made. Like on friday nights co sleep. You get what you want and so might your hubby.
    zaccaro17

Answer by zaccaro17 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2010