Short on cash, need valentine's day ideas...

So I want to spend some time with hubby on valentine's day and we are really short on money. We are going to rent a redbox movie to watch together, but that's about as much as we have figured out. I would love to hear some good, cheap ideas of ways to make the day special. =) Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• I'm just making a nice dinner and dessert (lasagna and tiramisu), and then just planning a special night in the bedroom...lingerie, candles, music, I got some scented massage oils for a nice massage, and a few new "accessories". I'm not big on Valentine's Day anyway, I think it's too commercialized and not really all that special. But since my SO is a truck driver and gone most of the time, and this time has been gone longer than normal (I haven't seen him in a month), I figure I'll take advantage of the hype this once to really treat him well.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• hallmark holiday spending? really?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• rkoloms...what's it matter to you what I spend my money on? I asked for ideas...not criticism! And so far my "hallmark holiday spending" is a whole dollar. lol!
    Anonymous

• You know your husband best brain storm.
    Anonymous

• For our first Valentine's Day as a married couple, my husband was at school that evening. I bought some naughty lingerie and some ribbon. I put the ribbon starting at the front door and had it trailing through the house, into the bedroom, tied to me!!! I lit some candles and put some romantic music on right before he came home. He loved it!!
    Anonymous

• Hope you get to Enjoy it and make some great Memories! One year I made DH A Card! Its here now 31 years later & is so Sweet!! How about a special dessert that's a Favorite? Or some strawberries dipped in chocolate. Do it yourself! Have some Canned Whip cream and just have Fun!! Have fun!! That's what its all about! Enjoy!! Just use your imagination!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2010