Does having a kid change my sex drive that much?

I just hate it now. Is there something wrong with me? my daughter is 21 months now so shouldnt i be back to normal already?

youraddiction66

Asked by youraddiction66 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Being tired CAN cause all kinds of changes. But you can certainly see your doc and see if there are any hormonal imbalances at work.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It's not so much having had a baby that does it. It's having a child to care for. It can take a lot out of you.
    Anonymous

• I feel you on that one... I had a super high sex drive before I had my son (much higher than my SO's, even), but after I had him, I wanted NOTHING to do with it. I'm just now slowly getting it back, but it's still a far cry from where it was before. My son is 17 months now, btw.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• In the very beginning of the newborn stage I was not interested in sex, but as my daughter started sleeping thru the night it got much better especially plus her multiple naps. Now that she is 3 and wears my patience thin all day (especially w/ no naps), I'm not interested at all. My poor husband comes home and all I want is a break to get out of the house. We only have sex once a week now when we get a babysitter!!
    HaileyCass

Answer by HaileyCass at 5:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• it gets better i have 3 kidos!!!!!!! they are 2yrs apart! you need to try to find time to date! make it a lil fun!!!!!!!!! you dont need much money or a whole weekend! something at olive garden and find a relative to babysit for a few hours!!!!! :)
    gonzalez3

Answer by gonzalez3 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• It's normal for it to be hard to switch from mom mode to sexy wife mode. There's nothing wrong with, when you're a mom, to need a little extra planning or warming time to get you in the mood.
    Anonymous

• I'm in the same boat. My daughter is 21 months old too... it comes and goes... I think its exhaustion in my case. I would just "rather" be resting or something lol
    Anonymous